Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Where Should I go In KC?

Where Should I go In KC?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:35 am
bugahabuc medium
medium

Disappointed in Bryant's.
Line out the door.
Very tender, but tasteless meat.
Pulled pork and burnt ends were slathered in sauce, not used to someone putting sauce on my BBQ before I do aside from places like Applebey's and Chili's. That, to me, is suspect.
Long Ribs were very tender, but flavorless.
The Original BBQ sauce tasted like they only had vinegar, salt and chili powder.
The Sweet and Spicy sauce wasn't bad though.
Good fries.
Got a T-Shirt anyway.

Went to Skies on the 42nd floor (Rotating) of the Crown Plaza Hyatt.
Very good steak.
Cost me 4x what I paid at Bryants though. ;) :snicker: but the wife thought it was romantic.

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:32 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

The burnt ends are cooked in sauce during the final stage of smoking so I don't think there is any way to get them at Bryant's without sauce. :wink: Anything else you need to tell them "Sauce on the side" when ordering.

Six of us ordered when we went and three of us got ribs. Each plate had a different quality of ribs on them. Mine tasted good and were tender but my wife's were tough and flavorless.

I have a friend in K.C. that says Bryant's Original BBQ sauce tastes like it has sand in it. :lol: I agree the Sweet and Spicy sauce was better.

We made the trip up to K.C. last month to visit family and didn't eat out at all. We did have much good home cooked BBQ though. :D :D :D

Previous

Return to Best BBQ Joint