Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Need Some Memphis Help

Need Some Memphis Help

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:08 am
smokin' ed medium-well
medium-well

Next week I'll be travelling through Memphis along I-55 and I need some suggestions for a good BBQ place that won't take me too far out of the way. I did a search for Memphis BBQ and there are way too many places to choose from. So, I was hoping some of you more familiar can direct me to a place. I'll have the family so some sort of kids menu would be nice, too. If possible, include the street the place is on so I can do a Mapquest for directions.

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:54 pm
BamaQ528 rare
rare

If you are going to Memphis you have to go to Charlie Vergos Rendezvous. It is in an alley downtown. Ask anyone and they will tell you how to get there. Get a cheese ans sausage plate to start and a rack for dinner. DO NOT put sauce on them so you can enjoy like a true Memphian. The ribs are not as meaty as ribs south of Memphis as they only serve baby back ribs.

Easily my favorite rib joint in Memphis. Second to Dreamland BBQ in beautiful Tuscaloosa Alabama.

If you are going to be out east you can settle for Corky's. Go downtown let the family watch the ducks walk out at the Peabody (call and ask what time). Go to the 'Vous for ribs and eat desert at the desert place in the Peabody Hotel.
John
Chargriller Duo
Roll Tide

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:55 pm
BamaQ528 rare
rare

Just looked at your date on your post. Oh Well. I am sure you will be back in Memphis!
John
Chargriller Duo
Roll Tide

Return to Best BBQ Joint