Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint St Louis BBQ place on 44?

St Louis BBQ place on 44?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:38 pm
RipSUp raw
raw

I'm in Springfield MO tonight and will be driving back up to Chicago tomorrow.

Anyone know of a good place for BBQ on the way? I'm not wanting to get to far off the interstates just cause I don't know the area that well and don't need to make the trip to much longer :)

Ate at a place called Bandana's today, didn't care for it much.

Thanks,
Richard

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:53 pm
RipSUp raw
raw

And to reply to myself :)

I found supersmokers right off 44, if someone has a better suggestion please fill me in.

Thanks

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:55 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Never been up that way.

But it looks like you'll be going through Springfield again about half way through your trip. :lol:

Drive safely. :D

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:53 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'll suggest Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis but you'll have to decide if the location works for you.

When you get to Springfield IL, if you take 6th St. north about 5 or 6 blocks you'll come to a little yellow trailer run by the "Dr. of BBQ". I haven't stopped there but have read enough positive things on line to make me feel comfortable recommending it.

Brad

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:48 pm
RipSUp raw
raw

Thanks for the extra suggestions, I ended up doing just supersmokers because it was right off 44. The funny thing was while driving back I saw like 10 or so other BBQ places which I didn't notice on the drive there but it was also dark the time I drive out. Lots of places to try if I get to go back that way.

Well I'll give a huge thumbs up to SuperSmokers. The Pulled pork was great. Was very juicy and cooked perfectly. Ribs were the best I've had in a restaurant yet. The cornbread was a little dry for my taste but still tasty and the sauces were very good. Their Tennessee sauce was my fav of the 6 they had on the table. Wish they had a pick 3 so I could have tried the brisket as well but will just have to get that next time.

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:34 am
stlouBBQ well done
well done

Supersmokers is awesome. It is owned and run by MIM champion Terry Black. I have met Terry a few times, and even hung out with him at MIM this past year. His ribs are awesome. He takes pride in cooking the ribs at his restaurant the same way he does in competition. That is extra added attention that most restaurants do not employ. It is always good to find a good bbq spot when traveling.

BTW, I completely agree with your opinion about Bandana's. I just don't find them that good at all.
"How many grills do you NEED?!"

Some people just don't understand

Return to Best BBQ Joint