Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint A couple good BBQ joints in Cincy

A couple good BBQ joints in Cincy

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed May 13, 2009 10:43 am

I am not sure if these have been mentioned yet, but a few that I have enjoyed in the Cincinnati area are:

City Barbecue (Columbus and Cincinnati areas)
--They have wonderful pulled pork and beef brisket sandwiches but not the best ribs in town.

Pit to Plate (Cincinnati area)

Hoggy's

Jim Dand'y (Cincinnati Area)
--Have the best smoked dry rub ribs I have tasted in town

Montgomery Inn (Cincinnati Area)
--Have good ribs/sauce (boiled), but not worth it for the price

These are just a few I have tried around the Columbus/Cincinnait areas

If I was to recommend two places to eat if someone was traveling to these areas for whatever reason, you gotta try the City BBQ pulled pork sandwich and Jim Dandy's Ribs...Good stuff

Ohh and if you like baked beans, try City BBQ baked beans with beef brisket....it's slap your momma good....

Post Tue May 26, 2009 1:01 pm

I like City Q, as long as you don't think that what they serve as "Carolina barbecue" is really what we have down here in North Carolina! City has just taken the standard barbecue sandwich and put slaw on it and they think it would pass as "Carolina Q", but it don't!!!

Are you from the Cincy area? Ever try a Goetta sandwich (or as a breakfast meat)? I'm originally from the Dayton area and get back there a couple times each year. I grew up eating Goetta, but what my mother made is a bit different from what you get in Cincy.

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:33 pm

I am actually not from Cincy, but have lived here for the past 5 years.

I have yet to bring myself to try geotta. I have heard it is really good, but I don't know if it is just fanatics that would love it even if was made using puddle water.

I do plan to try it sometime. You can't go into any diner in Cincy and have that NOT on the list of things to purchase.

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Ever try
Goodies Barbecue Restaurant
5841 Hamilton Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45224
(513) 542-4663

Smoked on site. Yummy southern food with pulled pork and greens!

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:14 pm

SmokinJoe,
I am from Cincinnati and now live in Columbus Ohio. I make a trip to get Goetta any chance I get. I have made it and it is a good recipe, it just makes alot. Message me if you want me to send it to you. It came from a Cincinnatian who lives in Calf.

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:24 am
rogerja well done
well done

Smokin' Joe wrote:

I have yet to bring myself to try geotta. I have heard it is really good, but I don't know if it is just fanatics that would love it even if was made using puddle water.

I do plan to try it sometime. You can't go into any diner in Cincy and have that NOT on the list of things to purchase.

Goetta ain't bad- for the most part, it's basically it's sausage and oats (i know there are some outliers). It's different than goetta's east coast cousin - scapple - which is made from the nasty parts of a pig.

Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:52 am

rogerja wrote:
Smokin' Joe wrote:

Goetta ain't bad- for the most part, it's basically it's sausage and oats (i know there are some outliers). It's different than goetta's east coast cousin - scapple - which is made from the nasty parts of a pig.

I love Goetta, but there is something about scrapple that just ain't right!!! No matter how you fix it is still tastes terrible!

Return to Best BBQ Joint