Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Fat Jack's (Monona WI)

Fat Jack's (Monona WI)

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:17 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I generally like my barbecue to have a definite smoky taste and a lot of places don't have quite enough for me, but Fat Jack's in Monona, Wisconsin does and my wife and I ate there the Tuesday before Christmas.

For at least 20 years Tuesdays and Thursdays have been nights for all-you-can-eat chicken and spare ribs. The price now is $11.95 and when I first moved up here I think it was either $8.95 or $9.95...still an outstanding deal IMO. Then again, maybe if they charged a little more they could fix the sign. Am I the only person that thinks "Jack" bears a resemblance to our own Bob-BQN?:lol:

There are booths and tables, lots of natural wood, and plenty of Wisconsin-related memorabilia. Too bad those aren't current prices!

Potato wedges, beans, and coleslaw round out the order. Years ago this was just the beginning for me...nowadays I can't even get through the initial serving. Doggie bags are OK for the first plate but not on reorders, which is a very smart policy.

That pink meat means it's undercooked, right?:wink:

My wife ordered the regular back rib dinner. FJ's serves back ribs with a sweeter sauce while the spare ribs have a citrus glaze and are dry and crusty in comparison. Personally, I prefer the spares by a long shot...I think I've ordered the backs maybe once over the years.

I'm sure that some form of cold tea is on the menu but I need a beer with barbecue, and Sprecher Black Bavarian is one of my favorites.

Sometimes the chicken can be a little dry but this night it was just fine. I honestly don't think I've ever had a bad meal at Fat Jack's although some have been better than others.

Brad

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:14 pm
BJM rare
rare

I going to have to check that place out!
Stay thirsty, my friends!

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:03 pm
Andy medium
medium

I love their all-you-can-eay chicken deal on Sundays!
Andy

Weber Genesis 1000
Weber 22.5" One-Touch Silver
Weber 18.5" One-Touch Silver
Weber 14.5" Smoky Joe

Return to Best BBQ Joint