Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Atlanta area BBQ

Atlanta area BBQ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:04 pm
Assembler raw
raw

I live in Georgia now for 6 years, I'm a transplant from Wichita, and have been hunting for edible BBQ here. I ran into someone here that had recently moved to GA from KC, I asked him if he had found any good BBQ in GA, , , he was almost weeping when he told me he hadn't. I have had good BBQ many places in KS, OK, MO, TX, and the WORST I've had in those places is better than the best I've had in GA. If someone would just bring some GOOD BBQ to GA they could make a fortune ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:19 am
adamlee34 medium-well
medium-well

cmcadams wrote:
I went to a Brazilian place like that in Aruba.. it was good... and you have to be a good carnivore to make it through a meal there!

Swallow in the Hollow is one I planned on trying... most of the other restaurants I'm familiar with, as well as several others. My favorites in town are Blue Ridge Grill and Pappadeaux (the closest one to where I generally go). But I was looking more specifically to just BBQ... Fat Matt's is good, but saucy, and I really prefer pork to beef ribs, though I've been there more than twice!

My dad used to live near Lithohnia, and there was a real pit bbq there, but I never stopped because I was in a hurry to get to his place, then it burned down. :(

AJ's Tasty Pig.. Unfortunate what happened.. they relocated in Grayson and bombed.. now out of business and selling everything they own. :(

Its sad to see, I live out in Gwinnett, there are no "Real" bbq restaurants around here.. I love grilling and queing, but I also love to experience others. I have yet to find a good bbq shack around here.
-Happy Grills!
Adam Lee

Chargriller DUO w/SFB
http://adamlee34.blogspot.com/

Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:38 am
smokeyjoe medium-well
medium-well

The wife and I went to Dave Poes in Marietta on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised. I had the pulled pork. Very good. Not over smoked, moist, and great with their vinegar sauce and a few slices of bread :D. The wife had baby backs. They were very good as well. But, the real winner here are the sides. The mac and cheese is the best I have ever had (sorry mom). Stew was good, okra was great, and collards were very tasty. We will be going back for sure. It doesn't hurt that it is only a few miles from the house either 8)
If you're lookin' it aint cookin'

Previous

Return to Best BBQ Joint