Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint A must visit bbq restaurant!

A must visit bbq restaurant!

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:50 am
luke61308 rare
rare

I know there are some people here from Chicago so hopefully they will chime in here if they agree.

This weekend my wife and I took a mini vacation (No Kids!!) to Chicago, where we used to live until about 3 years ago. There is a restaurant called Smoque BBQ in Chicago that I promise you is the closest thing to competition quality BBQ you can get. Definitely the closest in the Midwest and I would put their quality up against anything served in a restaurant in the US. They don't try and have something for everyone they just do barbecue and do it well.

I am not an expert by any means on BBQ but I know great BBQ when I have it and it is the best I have ever had outside of a competition.

If you are in Chicago and want some excellent BBQ you must swing by Smoque BBQ and enjoy a wonderful meal. They are south of the intersection of Irving Park and Pulaski on Pulaski, on the West side of the road.

Felt like I needed to give them a shout out as I am always impressed when I go back.

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:22 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've read many good things about Smoque but given its location it's going to take a lot to get me to go there! :lol:

Brad

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:31 pm
luke61308 rare
rare

If you are worried about the neighborhood don't be Irving Park is extremely safe. No risk at all, but being a little ways from down town I understand. We actually just take the Blue Line subway out and get off at Irving Park Road and head south on Pulaski, it is literally 2 blocks from the "L" stop. Trust me it is worth the trip if you are in town.

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:40 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:34 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It's not the neighborhood, it's the distance! :lol: But if I had to be in the Chicago area for something else I'd definitely try to find a way to work in a visit.

Brad

Return to Best BBQ Joint