Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint New Orleans Que

New Orleans Que

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:39 pm
SuperQue medium-rare
medium-rare

Hey gang,

I'll be in NOLA for Mardi Gras thru the following weekend and I was wondering if there are any places to get any out of the ordinary eats. I'm familiar with the creole and cajun cooking aw well as crawfish boils. Don't get me wrong, I love all of those and I can't wait to eat some. But I'm sure there's more that I could be missing. Maybe bbq'd alligator, or frogs. I don't know but that's why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your responses.

Scott
Home Depot Guy: Stockin up on charcoal for the big game?
Me: No, I'm out. This is normal.

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:48 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

I had grilled alligator ribs down there .... The bones are kind of flexible ... Interesting chow. Never had a bad meal ANYWHERE except for some mystery chicken on a stick I bought from "Takee Outee" (I swear that was their name) on Bourbon Street one drunken night. Still trying to figure out what part of a chicken that was.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

Go to Drago's & get a dozen chargrilled oysters.
2 locations, one in the Hilton riverside & the original in metairie la.
New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 am
Griffin well done
well done

I know that Guy stopped at a place on Diner's, Drive Ins and Dives, but i can't member the name. Try looking that up. But go to Drago's for their chargrilled oysters.

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:46 pm
SuperQue medium-rare
medium-rare

Guy went to the ACME Oyster House if I recall correctly and I've been there. They have really good po boys that are huge. I think he may have been to a couple of other places too like The Camellia Grill which I plan on stopping at as well.

I'll have to check out Dragos. My relatives used to live in Metarie but since have moved to Kenner which really is not that far away at all.

I'm also planning to check Avery Island since I'm a big fan of Tabasco.
Home Depot Guy: Stockin up on charcoal for the big game?
Me: No, I'm out. This is normal.

Return to Best BBQ Joint