Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Railhead BBQ, Fort Worth, TX

Railhead BBQ, Fort Worth, TX

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:37 am

I can't imagine this hasn't been reviewed, but after a trip to TX to visit some family I remember how much I miss TX Q. Anyway, in the same format as my Auburn Q review thread, here's a review for Railhead:

Name: Railhead BBQ

Sauce: This is pretty much the yardstick to which I compare sauces. It is, in my mind, the way sauce should be. Some tomato base to it, but not thick and sweet like a KC sauce. A little spicier, smokier, and thinner - perfect for brisket.

The Meat: Cooked low and slow. The brisket done to perfection. They sliced it thicker than I slice mine - and I could still cut it with a fork. Juicy and great smokiness. I am one who never use the words "too much" and "smoke" together, but if you are, you might find it a bit smokey. I surely don't. The sausage was great - spicy and juicy without being too greasy.

Price: I think it was around 8-12 buck per plate but unlike the places here in Alabama, they give you so much you struggle to finish it. Not bad.

What I orderd:: Brisket of course - I was in Texas, the only place I could order brisket and have it better than my own. The sides were beans and coleslaw and bread.

My Advice: Get the brisket. Or maybe the two meat combo, as long as one of them is brisket. The sauce is great, but you sure don't need a lot with as good as this brisket is.

Other Info: All platters come with beans (ranch style - love em), coleslaw, and bread. You can grab as many hot peppers as you want. They serve beer too, a trait sorely lacking in Auburn Q joints.
A bbq is only PARTLY about the food. It's MOSTLY about getting together and hanging out in the backyard with friends.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:56 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds like a good place! I happen to like my barbecue with a noticeably smoky taste and so many restaurants are a little on the light side for me.

Brad

Return to Best BBQ Joint