Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Uncle Bub's - Westmont, IL

Uncle Bub's - Westmont, IL

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:01 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Went to dinner Saturday night with 3 friends to Uncle Bub's. Uncle Bub's won "Best Sauce" at the Best of the West in Reno last Labor Day weekend. It was Uncle Bub's first trip to Reno. Uncle Bub's has won many awards locally and regionally including Best Sauce and Best Ribs at Naperville (IL) Rib Fest.
Mark and hs crew have an extensive catering operation. Think he told me last June that in the first 3 weeknds of June, with high school graduations and a few other local events, that they were going to cater for 12, 000 to 14, 000. Know he had a refrigerator truck parked in back and at least 6, maybe 8, cookers going in the parking lot.
Anyway, went to dinner with 3 friends Saturday night. I've been to Uncle Bub's many times and have seen them in competition - my three friends had never been to Uncle Bub's. I had a slab of beef ribs with cole slaw and baked beans as sides. Outside of Texas, good beef ribs are hard to find. These were the best beef ribs I've ever had, and all the times over the years that I've been there, may be the best meal that I've ever had there. One friend had a full slab of baby backs and another a full slab of St. Louis cut - both had beans and fries as sides and said that the ribs were the best they've ever had. Fourth friend is a picky and very fussy eater - also the only female with my group. Kathy ordered a cheeseburger with fries and cole slaw as sides. First time I have ever seen her eat everything on her plate.
Went back to Uncle Bub's for lunch on Monday. Had told Mark & Jay about my bacon and took them over a sample. Had the rib tips. I'm a sucker for good rib tips and Uncle Bub's has really good rib tips.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to Best BBQ Joint