Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Delta Diner (Delta WI)

Delta Diner (Delta WI)

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:49 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The Delta Diner isn't a barbecue place per se but the owner (who just happens to be from the next town over from me!) does make his own pulled pork when he needs some, so I thought I'd give it a mention here.

We were up there on vacation last week and since DD had been written up in the Madison paper I wanted to give it a try. It's truly out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to see but highway and forest, although maybe there's a town hall somewhere in the township.

One of the blue plate specials that morning was pulled pork inside a tortilla inside an omelet, which was then topped with homemade slaw and barbecue sauce.

The pork was the real deal and the sauce paired well with the tangy slaw dressing. I can't remember if the bread was whole wheat or whole grain, but either way it made some of the best toast I've had in a long time!

Delta Diner's actually doing Barbecue Thursdays starting today but I'm 340+ miles away... :(

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:45 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

You know I've been known to wander the State of Wisconsin from time to time. I know right where Stoughton is. Can' be to hard to find Delta from there.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to Best BBQ Joint