Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Adam's Rib - Eaton, OH

Adam's Rib - Eaton, OH

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:29 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It's on the west side of town on US-35. Drove by it yesterday but didn't stop; anyone ever eat there? Curt?

Brad

Post Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:43 pm
BBQ Deputy

I stopped there this past Thursday and am happy to report that Adam's Rib serves some good food. I had a "Hog Dog", which is a smoked sausage split lengthwise and filled with pulled pork, and topped with shredded cheese and barbecue sauce. Different but very good and very filling. Another guy in our group had the basic pulled pork sandwich and he had good things to say about it.

There's a deck with a few picnic tables but inside it's small, with only 1 picnic table. He has a couple of big offset smokers so it certainly appears to be the real deal.

Photos eventually...

Brad

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:09 pm
rogerja well done
well done

I'm through Eaton once in a blue moon. Sounds like a place I need to stop...

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:43 pm
BBQ Deputy

My "Hog Dog" and the pulled pork:
Last edited by ScreamingChicken on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:51 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Love the complaint department sign. :lol:

Oh, ...the food looks great too. :wink:

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:18 pm
BBQ Deputy

Unfortunately Adam's Rib was damaged by fire early this morning. Hopefully he'll be able to reopen soon.

Brad

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:22 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Unfortunately Adam's Rib was damaged by fire early this morning. Hopefully he'll be able to reopen soon.

Brad

The pics certainly looked good and the food looks like the real deal. Hope he's back up and running soon.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:47 am
BBQ Deputy

Last Thursday I paid Adam's Rib a visit and learned that the fire was actually pretty small and damage was minor. It'd been 3 years since my last stop and since then the dining area has been expanded with a small addition on the back, but everything else is pretty much the same.

The deck is a great place to eat when the weather's nice.

This time I had the brisket and it was definitely worth the money ($5 for the sandwich and $1 for a soda IIRC). It was juicy and reasonably lean but with a little bit of fat, just how I like it. My friend Jim also had the brisket and each sandwich had a single slice of smoky, crusty fat so I don't know if that was by design or merely a coincidence.

Meet Adam, AKA Pete. He was taking chickens off the smoker when I was there.

Brad

Return to Best BBQ Joint