Board index Barbecue Board Ask Steven Pork butt: brine or inject?

Pork butt: brine or inject?

Do you have burning questions that need to be answered? A live-fire dilemma that needs to be solved? There are no secrets between grill masters. So I give you “Ask Steven,” a new forum, where you can ask me anything about food and flame. Post your questions here, and I’ll respond as quickly as I can, though at times, because I’m traveling around Planet Barbecue (and you can ask me about these adventures too), it might take me a couple of days to reply.
Post Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:13 am

Hi!

First of all: apologies if this is an "old topic" for the pros but....

I live in Germany where currently a lot of crappy BBQ Restaurant are popping up all over the place. No good sauce, the meat has never seen a smoker or grill (therefore no smoke ring or flavor), and don't get me started on what they call "Pastrami" :lol: Now, I would like to show colleagues and friends what pulled pork should REALLY taste like!

So far I did an "ok" job (not competition worthy but still good) with pulled pork...but I would really like to step up my game therefore I am wondering: in order to make pulled pork "foolproof" should I inject it or maybe even brine it?

Every helpful comment is greatly appreciated!

Return to Ask Steven