Board index Barbecue Board The Lighter Side Birthday Filets

Birthday Filets

For those who embrace grilling and barbecue as part of a healthier lifestyle.
Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:41 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

This weekend I grilled some Fillet Mignons up at the cabin with some veggies. They are super lean and I just added a Montreal Steak rub to these guys.

I did some snooping on the origins of this stuff and what I found was that the Montreal Jewish community (specifically Schwartz's Deli) created a pastrami rub that got adulterated for steak which became extremely popular and the rest, as they say, is history.

Of course heavy on the veggies. I sliced some Zucchinis about a half inch thick and got some of those small colorful peppers you see in the store these days. They grill up nicely and they are sweet like bells. I'm going to try and pickle some of these this week.

I hit my first goal and I'm down 30 pounds as of Tuesday morning and I am !0 pounds from my wedding weight! My wife hit her first goal too (Though she didn't have that much to lose).
36 Argentine Parrilla
22.5 WSM
PBC
Weber Performer

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:48 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Looking good SP! Congrats are making your goals!

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:44 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Happy birthday to you or your wife, whomever was doing the celebrating! And congratulations on the progress!

Along with Montreal steak seasoning there's the whole Montreal smoked meat culture as well. Sounds like a tasty subject to research! :wink:

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:20 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Happy birthday! Thanks!

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:32 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

scorched_porch wrote:
I did some snooping on the origins of this stuff and what I found was that the Montreal Jewish community (specifically Schwartz's Deli) created a pastrami rub that got adulterated for steak which became extremely popular and the rest, as they say, is history.

That makes a lot of sense, Scorch! Nice job on the steaks! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:43 am
KobyKoby raw
raw

scorched_porch wrote:
This weekend I grilled some Fillet Mignons up at the cabin with some veggies. They are super lean and I just added a Montreal Steak rub to these guys.

Of course heavy on the veggies. I sliced some Zucchinis about a half inch thick and got some of those small colorful peppers you see in the store these days. They grill up nicely and they are sweet like bells. I'm going to try and pickle some of these this week.

I hit my first goal and I'm down 30 pounds as of Tuesday morning and I am !0 pounds from my wedding weight! My wife hit her first goal too (Though she didn't have that much to lose).

attractive :heart:

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Those look so delish. I need to make them for my hubby. :P :bbq:

Return to The Lighter Side