Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Summer Grilling

Summer Grilling

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:35 am
NewBBQer

I recently BBQ'ed 45 pounds of Pork Shoulder!!! I used 3 22.5 inch Weber BBQ Grills (I have 2 silver's and one Platinum charcoal grills and love them. I love to BBQ for friends but when I have a bunch of people over the last thing I want to do is to "babysit" the BBQ...so I had 3 4-5 pounder pork shoulder/butt's per grill...let 'er rip about 2-3 hours before eating time and showed them off when the guests started arriving. It was the best ( I have cooked the pulled pork at least 3 times in the previous 3 weeks...so i was getting to be a pro). 8). I also have TIVO and have TIVO'd a bunch of the Steve's BBQU shows.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:57 pm
BigBadMN

A few of my summer favorites,

#1 - Grilled Pizza - We have a local woodfired pizza joint called Punch (Mpls/St.Paul) where we've poached a few recipes from their takeout menu and successfully produced them on our grill. We buy fresh pizza dough from a nearby Italian deli. The pizza goes great with a tossed greens salad with a vinagrette and a big glass of red wine.

#2 - Boneless pork chops coated with Memphis Rub. This is one of the quickest and easiest grilled meals in my arsenal. Just coat a few pork chop cuts with the Memphis Rub (which I make up in bulk in advance) and throw them on a hot grill. We serve them with Grilled cubed potatoes coated with butter, salt and pepper and/or grilled fresh green beans coated lightly with sesame oil and balsamic vinegar. Great stuff.

#3 - Memphis Ribs - One of my alltime favorites for a Sunday, especially during football season. I start Saturday night by coating the ribs with the rub and then throw them on the grill late afternoon for a couple hours and their ready to go by dinnertime. Serve with grilled corn and the cole slaw recipe from the BBQ Bible.

#4 - Anticuchos (aka Peruvian Kabobs) - We use top sirloin cuts bought from a nearby butcher shop. This recipe involves a little more preparation time, so we usually deploy it for entertainment purposes (it is a real crowd pleaser). We normally serve the kabobs with sides of instant rissotto and a crusty bread such as ciabatta. We originally got a similar Anticuchos recipe from Cooking Light that included a roasted yellow pepper dipping sauce and the sauce is a brilliant compliment to an already great kabob meal.

All this writing is making me hungry. Time to go fire up the grill! :lol:

Big Bad

Previous

Return to General Discussion