Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Barbequed Corn...

Barbequed Corn...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:12 pm

Well I just read Steve's first newsletter and was drawn to the barbequed corn. So I rushed out and got a half-dozen ears and prepared dinner for my wife. After going through the recipes included in the newsletter, my favorite was the Indian and wife's was the Japanese.
We experimented further however and our hands down favorite was putting plain old Dinosaur Slathering Sauce on the ears. Deelicious! :D

So, What are your favorite toppings out there?
:D Spoon_Gouge :D

RE:

Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:05 am
Hawk rare
rare

I did the same thing today. I was planning a BBQ for my family and I read about the BBQ corn and I went and bought several ears of corn. They came out great, the corn was really soft. Everyone loved it. I also tried Steve's quesadillas on the grill as an appetizer, everyone loved it.

Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:14 pm
starpacker medium-rare
medium-rare

Spoon_Gouge wrote:
Well I just read Steve's first newsletter and was drawn to the barbequed corn. So I rushed out and got a half-dozen ears and prepared dinner for my wife. After going through the recipes included in the newsletter, my favorite was the Indian and wife's was the Japanese.
We experimented further however and our hands down favorite was putting plain old Dinosaur Slathering Sauce on the ears. Deelicious! :D

So, What are your favorite toppings out there?

Hey Spoon,

I just fixed the grilled corn for the first time and agree with you without reservation. I used butter, garlic powder (out of fresh ,) salt, and dill weed. Combine that with pork steaks, all fixed over a good smoky mesquite (lump and wood)fire, and it was a little bit of heaven. Good luck, good eatin', and have fun.

Allen

Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:24 pm
BigBad raw
raw

Speaking of Grilled Corn, try this recipe.

Grilled Chile Lime Corn:
Ingredients
6 Ears of corn shucked and cleaned
2 TBS Ancho Chile Pepper Powder (or any chile pepper)
2 TBS Fresh Lime Juice
1 Stick of Real Butter melted
Salt to taste

Combine chile powder, lime juice and melted butter in a small bowl or basting container. Brush corn with marinade and throw on grill, direct high heat. Turn corn frequently and roast until you start to hear popping. Pull 'em off and serve immediately.

Good stuff.
Big Bad

Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:18 pm

big bad's chilie corn sounds really good. im going to try it tonite.
eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we'll die

Return to General Discussion