Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion grill mops

grill mops

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:14 pm
jandjcanty@optonline.net

where can i find a grill mop... any links would be appreciated?

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:05 pm
Tommy raw
raw

Your mop can be found at http://www.barbecue-store.com/, as well as everything else for your cooking. It is listed under ACCESSORIES under basting mop. Hope this will help you out

Tommy :lol: =18][/size]

Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:25 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Any barbecue store will have mops or you can try a specialty cooking store

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:52 am
Longmill

Consider making your own. All you need is a length of dowel, small gauge wire, and a cotton twin bed flat sheet or a bunch of cheap men's handkerchiefts (sp), old T shirts, muslin, or flour sacking material.

Sizes used will depend on how large you want your mop.

Wash new material to remove the factory starches and sizing. Cut the material into squares. Stack several layers of material, with the corners at angles to each other. Stand the dowel in the center of the stack. Pull up the layers of material around the dowel. Turn the dowel and material upside down. Tightly pull the material down around the dowel. An inch or so from the fabric draped end of the dowel, wrap a length of wire around the fabric. Twist tie the wire very tightly. (Like a twist tie on a bread wrapper.) Use pliers to tighten the twist. Snip off excess wire or wrap it around the dowel.

Turn the dowel upside down again, so the fabric is at the bottom. The fabric will be folded over the wire tie. Add a second wire tie, just below the first one. Again, use pliers to make the wire as tight as possible.

Once you have the supplies on hand, it's easy to make up a bunch of these. Easy to sanitize between uses. Toss the fabric and save the dowel when they get too grungy.

On a personal note, I prefer these to the string mops I've used. If the string mop isn't wet with water first, they absorb too much of the mopping sauce. I also feel like they are harder to clean/santiize between uses because of the thickness of the strands. (Maybe the ones I've used aren't very good quality. ??)

Hope this suggestion has some merit.

Longmill

Return to General Discussion