Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Skirt Steak

Skirt Steak

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun May 06, 2012 8:46 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Had only a little bit of used charcoal left in my BGE tonight. I didn't want to wait on the VOC's to cook off new coals before grilling up my skirt steak, so I decided to utilize what was left of the used and throwing on the Spider. It's a handy little gadget, and my Weber Smokey Joe's grate fit on top just fine. This placed the grate level just above the coals, so that the steak could get a nice sear even with just a little bit of coal.

We made some Steak Tacos with this tonight... I guess it was to make up for not eating Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo yesterday. :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun May 06, 2012 9:12 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Looks great...I love flank steak and skirt steak when it's cooked right which means that I have to cook it cause too many other people overcook it or don't cut it right! I like that spider will have to invest in that in the future....

Post Mon May 07, 2012 8:46 am
Griffin well done
well done

Too cool. Guess I need to run out and get me one of them grates so I can do cooks closer to the coal. Bet it sears it up perfectly.

Post Mon May 07, 2012 8:47 am
sroach well done
well done

That is a cool gadget and that skirt steak is not half bad either.. :P

Post Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 am
QJuju well done
well done

Great Steak! Skirt skirt is delicious and that one looks just that. Nice job!

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Oh, baby! That skirt steak rocks! Thanks for the photo and for making our mouths water! SR

Return to General Discussion