Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Just Got BBQ-USA

Just Got BBQ-USA

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:25 am
Vinsect well done
well done

All I can say so far is WOW!
I am in awe.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:18 pm
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

I agree also. The last two things I have made have been from the BBQ USA book and nothing but raves from all of the people that have eaten it. You cant go wrong with that book!
Image Image
"Who you callin' a chile head?!"

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:26 pm
PaulP well done
well done

Not only is it a teriffic cookbook, but it's a good read also. Reading the section on Baltimore Pit Beef reminded me of growing up in East Batimore and eastern Baltimore county. During the summer, you could find a pit beef stand on every block, and organizations used to sponsor bull roasts where you paid a fixed price for all the food you could eat. Beer was extra.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:34 pm
charred medium
medium

Got BBQ USA for Christmas. I agree that it's a great read as well as recipe info. It's like getting to travel to many regions that most of us don't get the opportunity to, as well as great history. I really enjoyed how the tin-plate look of the pictures gave a certain feel to the book, even when the pictures weren't historical.

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:54 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

While I don't have a vast library by any means, BBQ USA is always the first one I reach for when I'm thinking about grilling. And like others, I'll often just sit and read parts just for the heck of it.

Anybody wanna get a party bus and roadtrip to Kreutz Market? :wink:

Brad

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:54 pm

I bought an extra copy recently just for my throne!
Sledneck

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:51 pm
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

I'm in on the party bus to Kruetz Market!!!! That place looks great!
Image Image
"Who you callin' a chile head?!"

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:58 pm
hotchef well done
well done

I have to chime in on this book. It's great! I don't think there are many cuts of meat that you couldn't find at least some way to cook in that book.

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:06 pm
Uzona rare
rare

Is there a lot of overlap in recipes between the BBQ Bible, HTG, and BBQ USA?

I have a copy of HTG. Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades is on my short list of books to purchase. Would you recommend the bible or BBQ Usa to compliment my copy of HTG?

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:11 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Absolutely, you’ve got to have them all. Each book contains different recipes, stories and adventures. I love the Barbecue Bible because of the international touch, BBQ USA for the local and small town stories, HTG for the Photo and the illustrations. And I’ve never been disappointed with any of the recipes. I just started reading the new book, and I’m hooked.

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:51 pm
hotchef well done
well done

Uzona, while I don't own the Barbecue Bible, I have looked at it and if you are looking for which one to buy first, I would probably say BBQ USA which I do own. It seems to have more common recipes and a plethora of options for meats and spices that you can acquire locally.

Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:55 am
Rifter well done
well done

hotchef wrote:
Uzona, while I don't own the Barbecue Bible, I have looked at it and if you are looking for which one to buy first, I would probably say BBQ USA which I do own. It seems to have more common recipes and a plethora of options for meats and spices that you can acquire locally.

I agree here. Though, if you are looking for a bit of pizzaz, snag BBQ Bible. I have all of the white books. (HTG, BBB, BBQUSA, Sauces, and Beer can Chicken). They are all excelent. I probably use 3 of the 5 books, at least once a month, which is far more times than all of my other cookbooks, combined.
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:12 pm
searcymanoffire well done
well done

just wow?

Smoke in your eyes only Burns if it ain't from a smoker

Return to General Discussion