Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:51 am
Argon medium
medium

Argon is a nickname that I got in college for laying around on the couch watching TV doing nothing. - Since argon is the totally inert gas on the elements table, I revived it for the grilling boards when I bought my first serious gas grill.........kind of a stretch?

Nukem,
I have a 2 1/2 yr old German Short Haired Pointer. Beautiful dog - but the early years were tough since I was used to the Golden Retriever personality. Now that he has calmed down, he is a great dog and in my opinion much smarter than the Goldens that we had for 15 years............................Argon

Turbo Elite 4 Burner
K-mart Special Meco Charcoal

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:19 am
Bolo medium
medium

This is a great topic! The way I came upon my user name is that I use to be in the Canadain Forces. We use to have a reference name when talking about anygiven soldier. The name was "Corpral Bologins". It would be "Corpral Bologins this, Corpral Bologins that". You get the idea. Well once I got out of the military and started going on the internet I was known as Bologins on some sites. I play Ghost Recon quite a bit and the guys on there started calling me "Bolo" for short. I kind of liked that name so I changed it and now I am "Bolo".

Cheers!
"Baa Be Cue"

"It's Just Not For Breakfast Anymore"

Kingsford 22 1/2 inch Kettle BBQ

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:23 am
chunk well done
well done

yea, this is a good thread. my handle is a nickname given to my by the members of a 24 hour mountain bike team i raced with a few years back. it actually comes from the jar of chunky skippy peanut butter i was eating all weekend and the name stuck.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:52 am
nwmud medium-well
medium-well

I aqquired nwmud a few years back. I am an avid outdoors person and about 5 years ago my wife introduced me to offroading. I decided I wanted a offroad user name and sat down and started trying different names to set up an email account with yahoo.com.

after about 30-40 names I found that no one had used nwmud. So i took it. I have been using that name in a variety of circles now.

I was looking at some of the great tailgate BBQ's out there and think one day, when I finish building my current project (197x International Harvester Scout II) I would like to build a BBQ to put in the receiver of my truck. So if your ever out in the woods and see a tall old scout with a BBQ sticking out the back - swing by and say "HI". I will most likely be me.

Ritch aka nwmud :D
Weber Gold C, Kamado, Chargriller w/sfb, Little Chief , Turkey Deep fryer, quick-adjust outdoor grill and so much more

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:03 am

Helen_Paradise...

My first name really is Helen.

I think when I was about 12 my mom cut out an article in Dear Abby about obscure names. A lady by the name of Helen Courtney married a Jim Paradise...thus her new name Helen Paradise or for those who still didn't get it Hell In Paradise.
Oven and iPod are bad four letter words

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:01 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

This is a great thread, and I made it sticky so it will stay up top for the new folks as they come in.

If you haven't joined in, please do--even if it seems obvious, it's a great way to get to know each other and some of those lurkers I know are out there! And if this thread teaches you anything, it's join now while there are still some names left!

Info

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:55 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well, I *really* wanted to use "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"... :twisted:

Brad

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:12 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

Settle down, Brad, settle down. You don't want me calling for that "special" picture of you again, now do you? This thread is to assure people we're interesting, not for hire.

Info

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:22 pm
cmcadams well done
well done

Brad_Olson wrote:
Well, I *really* wanted to use "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"... :twisted:

Brad

You are REALLY aging yourself!!!
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:54 pm
harry_canyon well done
well done

My handle comes from the unflappable New York cabbie in the (animated) movie Heavy Metal.

Not sure what (if any thing) it says about me: I'm not unflappable, nor from New York, nor have I ever been a cab driver. :-D (For some reason, some folks tend to think it's some kind of adult entertainment moniker. :roll:)

Take care,

Derek
Always keep an open mind. But not so open that your brain falls out.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:51 pm
ezgomike medium
medium

I may be fairly easy-going, but...

My ID reflects my dedication as service and parts manager in Minnesota to E-Z-GO Golf Cars for many years.

Oh, yea, and my name is Mike.

Post Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:31 am
Bolo medium
medium

Hi Harry_Canyon!

My handel comes from the unflappable New York cabbie in the (animated) movie Heavy Metal.

I too love that movie. When I was 19 I went to see that movie and loved it and ended up buying one of the actual movie posters from Heavy Metal. I went into the military for 8.5 years and when I came out I found that poster up the ceiling in my old bedroom. I totally forgot about it. I got it framed with a glass front and I now have it displayed in my hallway. It reminds me of my teenage years which were awsome. Just thought I would let you know about the poster.

Cheers! 8)
"Baa Be Cue"

"It's Just Not For Breakfast Anymore"

Kingsford 22 1/2 inch Kettle BBQ

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:41 pm
DiggRguy rare
rare

I once ran heavy equipment. So I was the Digger Guy Shorten to DiggRguy. I no longer operate equipment but I am known all over the web as DiggRguy so I keep it.

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:53 pm
royknives well done
well done

My name, and I am a knifemaker.... 8)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion