Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Vermont Castings vs. Weber

Vermont Castings vs. Weber

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:50 pm
FDuvall

I am looking at the Vermont Castings 9030, vs. the Weber Genesys A. THey are about the same size, but the Vermont Castings has Cast Iron/porcelain, 36K BTU and is very solid...the Weber has cast iron, 24K BTU and is not as solid looking. I bought my Dad the Weber last year, and we like it, but I think the extra 12K BTU will come in hand on the VC grill.

Anyone have experience with this one? Thanks for your input.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:45 am
egkor rare
rare

Hi,

I can recommend the Weber Genesis Silver-B. It is $449 most everywhere. I own one and have been very pleased. It has 36000 BTU total rating. It is the 3 burner unit (the "A" I believe is a 2 burner).

Hope this helps.

-egkor

Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:06 am

the weber silver a has plenty of heat for cooking and gets hot fast. do your self a favor and upgrade to stainless steel cooking surface and flavorizer bars. the grill will last for ever if you use stainless. clean up is a snap with stainless, just use a wirr brush and your all set. i think coated cast iron is more trouble than its worth. the webers with the stainless steel upgrades are usually availbe at bbbq stores and garden center. buying a grill at a big box retailer like home depo or lowes. poor customer service and lack of parts are an issue. low prices arnt always better.
eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we'll die

Return to General Discussion