Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The Weber / WSM Thread

The Weber / WSM Thread

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:50 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good deal. My main concern with products like that is their resistance to heat, since if it doesn't hold up well it won't matter what the top coat is.

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:15 am
sixfofalcon medium-well
medium-well

chagan wrote:
Hey now stranger :D Weber cusomer service said that it wouldn't fit :( Oh well, I'll use the performer for that, and double check it on the WSM when no one is looking.

It fits the WSM just fine--upside down. I haven't actually done a burn this way, but I assembled it as such and ran it and it seemed fine.
Weber Performer
22.5" WSM
CG Smokin' Pro (lots o' mods, but basically "retired")

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:17 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Good deal. My main concern with products like that is their resistance to heat, since if it doesn't hold up well it won't matter what the top coat is.

Well, another alternative is high-heat engine enamel, too. Some brands are rated to 1200-1300°F. I'm working on restoring an old fireplace on my deck and that's what I've been using for it, and it seems to work quite well.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:03 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

My oldest Weber - 22 1/2" One Touch Silver is 14 or 15 years old. Sits out uncovered 24/7 365 days a year. Rain or shine - it has been buried in 22" of snow. I do put it under an overhang on my deck when not in use. I also keep it cleared of any ash residue. It's aging more from use than abuse but I've never had any rust issues. The triangular bottom shelf that also reinforces the legs has some surface rust as does the rivet for he top vent but ... so what! Cooks as good today as the day I took it out of the box and put it together. I keep my 26 3/4" OTG and both my WSM's cleaned and covered with vents open when not in use.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Previous

Return to General Discussion