Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion What the Heck is This?

What the Heck is This?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat May 18, 2013 9:33 pm
stickman medium
medium

Hi all. Can somebody tell me what the implement in the picture is? It is about 15" tall, cast iron and has Steven Raichlen's signature sort of stamped into it. I found in my bin o' BBQ stuff, think I got it when I went to BBQ U way back when (maybe 2005?), but I've completely forgotten what it's for. It looks cool and I am confident I could disrupt the neighbor's cat with it from about 30 ft, but I am also pretty sure that's not its intended purpose. Any help is appreciated.

Here's the device in question:

Post Sat May 18, 2013 9:55 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

My guess is that it's a grill grate lifter.

If I get it right, what do I win? :lol:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat May 18, 2013 10:56 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Its the grate lifter that fits his Tuscan Grill
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Sat May 18, 2013 11:20 pm
stickman medium
medium

Thanks to both of you for the quick responses! Yes, it makes sense that it's a grate lifter, specifically for the Tuscan Grill. I'd forgotten that's what it went with since I usually just leave the Tuscan Grill in the Weber Kettle until everything has cooled down.

Mystery solved - thank you. Now I just have to go retrieve it from my neighbor's yard while it's still dark. Oh yeah, and figure out where to hide the cat.

PS: CanadaBBQGuy, I believe the prize is much gratitude from me and, without doubt, the enduring (well earned) respect of this forum's entire community. :D . You too, tex_toby. Thanks again to both of you!

Post Sun May 19, 2013 12:40 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

stickman wrote:
Thanks to both of you for the quick responses! Yes, it makes sense that it's a grate lifter, specifically for the Tuscan Grill. I'd forgotten that's what it went with since I usually just leave the Tuscan Grill in the Weber Kettle until everything has cooled down.

Mystery solved - thank you. Now I just have to go retrieve it from my neighbor's yard while it's still dark. Oh yeah, and figure out where to hide the cat.

PS: CanadaBBQGuy, I believe the prize is much gratitude from me and, without doubt, the enduring (well earned) respect of this forum's entire community. :D . You too, tex_toby. Thanks again to both of you!

Thanks stickman! That's one of the things that makes the job worthwhile. (The food pics are another...)

And that's also the missing piece of the puzzle too - the specific grill. I don't own a Tuscan grill but now I think I want one if it comes with its own cat disruptor. :D

Hope the cat's OK, though. You can ship him up here - plenty of mice this year even though I got about 6 with the lawnmower today. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion