Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Rainbow Trout Treat

Grilled Rainbow Trout Treat

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:00 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Something a little less decadent this time. I wanted to make good on my word on fixin' a trout this week. Luv this stuff. If only it had the omega-3's and other nutrients like salmon. Oh well, always makes me feel like I'm camping out or something. Here we go, about as simple as a hotdog...

Before we plate it, how about a nice hot bowl of homemade split pea soup?

Now here we go... plated with my Mexican rice, sliced tomato, and lemon and tartar sauce for seasoning. :D

Got beer???

Post Sun May 19, 2013 8:55 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice! And while it might've been as simple as a hot dog I'll wager that it was probably a bit healthier. :wink: Nice job of getting grill marks without losing a lot of skin, too.

Post Sun May 19, 2013 9:40 am
QJuju well done
well done

Nice!! Did you catch that yourself? Split pea looks tasty too!

Post Sun May 19, 2013 2:23 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice, simple meal there, BC! :D

I was watching Episode 5 of Season 1 of Primal Grill yesterday and Steven did something similar. He seasons them with lemon and dill and wraps them in prosciutto (sort of an upscale version of the bacon-wrapped trout I make sometimes). It's also a good way to keep them from sticking:
http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=21&EpisodeID=5
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun May 19, 2013 3:02 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Beautiful, BC!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 pm
sroach well done
well done

BC,

You are killing it with all this seafood lately.. Awesome dish, didn't think you could top the clams, but looks like you hit another home run!

Post Sun May 19, 2013 9:21 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

That looks so good!
New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Mon May 20, 2013 1:39 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

out.of.the.park :)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Tue May 21, 2013 2:57 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I thank you once again Friends :D

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:

I was watching Episode 5 of Season 1 of Primal Grill yesterday and Steven did something similar. He seasons them with lemon and dill and wraps them in prosciutto (sort of an upscale version of the bacon-wrapped trout I make sometimes). It's also a good way to keep them from sticking:

Well that sure is a creative way to go about it. Thanks for sharing that with me, CBG. 8)
Got beer???

Post Tue May 21, 2013 11:01 am
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
I thank you once again Friends :D

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:

Well that sure is a creative way to go about it. Thanks for sharing that with me, CBG. 8)

You're welcome. I'm assuming we are supposed to scale the fish before wrapping it in prociutto or bacon, btw. :lol:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 11:39 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
You're welcome. I'm assuming we are supposed to scale the fish before wrapping it in prociutto or bacon, btw. :lol:

:lol: I imagine! So much for simple as a hotdog. :D
Got beer???

Post Tue May 21, 2013 3:32 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
CanadaBBQGuy wrote:

:lol: I imagine! So much for simple as a hotdog. :D

Believe it or not, I once ate fish where the guy who caught it and cooked it didn't know you had to scale it as well. I'm lucky I caught that before anyone took a bite, too. That meal was indeed simple as a hotdog, because that's what we ate instead that night. :twisted:

Post Tue May 21, 2013 5:48 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
Believe it or not, I once ate fish where the guy who caught it and cooked it didn't know you had to scale it as well. I'm lucky I caught that before anyone took a bite, too. That meal was indeed simple as a hotdog, because that's what we ate instead that night. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Who needs toothpicks?

Qjuju-- Sorry, I don't know how I missed this previously, but yes... I did catch this,-- on sale at my local "Lake Supermarket." :D
Got beer???

Post Wed May 22, 2013 7:21 am
QJuju well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
CanadaBBQGuy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Who needs toothpicks?

Qjuju-- Sorry, I don't know how I missed this previously, but yes... I did catch this,-- on sale at my local "Lake Supermarket." :D

LOL... that's the name of the lake where I catch all my fish too! :lol:

Return to General Discussion