Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion You know it's a good day when...

You know it's a good day when...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 20, 2013 6:35 pm
QJuju well done
well done

...you are firing up the grill at 8:30 AM. This was for some simple grilled chicken to be used on Caesar salads tonight. It is seasoned with celery salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper. I let it sit on the counter while I fired up the small.

This is one of those time where I oiled the food instead of the grate. A simple drizzle of canola... add a little more rub if you think some washed off.

A quick grill...

On a side note... which size photo do you prefer... I have been using the size above, but it seems small by comparison to others. So here is a larger version.

Post Mon May 20, 2013 9:30 pm
sroach well done
well done

Awesome looking pictures, and I love the large format. Then again I have high speed internet and they come quick..

Post Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those would be the fabled "killer grill marks" I've heard so much talk about from Steven ... :lol:

Excellent job, QJuju!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 3:36 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Rock on, Qjuju!-- another stunner! I'm a huge fan of celery salt for poultry myself as well. I believe those are about the most enticing boneless skinless breasts I've ever seen!
Got beer???

Post Tue May 21, 2013 6:57 am
QJuju well done
well done

Here is the end result of the chicken... sorry for the phone picture. It was delicious and a nice summer meal.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 7:04 am
sroach well done
well done

Very nice looking summer meal.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 10:00 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yes, it does. Q, next time you should grill the lettuce as well!

The larger images do show more detail but as Sroach pointed out, a high-speed connection becomes almost mandatory if a thread contains lots of images. We probably still have a few members on dialup or something similar (I use a wireless connection from Verizon and it's not consistently fast) but that number's probably dropping.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 am
Griffin well done
well done

beautiful looking yardbird salad. I'd be all over that. We just happened to do a salad last night as well but used flat iron steak.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 11:53 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Beyootiful!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion