Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Who has met Steven? Show your pics, share your stories!

Who has met Steven? Show your pics, share your stories!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
tex_toby well done
well done

I know many of you on here have met Steven at one event or another. I thought it might be fun to share our pics and stories around the country (or the world) while he has been out on the bbq trail.

I'll start...

I can't even remember the exact year, but I'm going to say this was at least 5 or so years ago. Steven put on a class called "The History of BBQ," and I attended the Dallas class. Steven had a slide show and talked about the early beginnings of BBQ and then we sampled several different bbq creations. It lasted for a few hours and was quite enjoyable and got my copy of How to Grill signed. Here are a couple of pics from the event:

(BOB-BQN, Steven, tex_toby, I can't remember the far right's forum member name)

What about you guys/gals?
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Old Smoker well done
well done

Jeez Tex_Toby, I remember when ya'll first posted that pic :lol: what ever happened to Bob-BQN, the man definitely knew his stuff.
22.5 WSM - Chargriller - Traeger Texas
I cook to eat not to compete

Griffin well done
well done

Never met him personally. Didn't have the money to go see him when you went 5 years ago in Dallas.

Old Smoker wrote:
Jeez Tex_Toby, I remember when ya'll first posted that pic :lol: what ever happened to Bob-BQN, the man definitely knew his stuff.

I've thought the same and have tried to PM him but never got a response and I lost his phone number. He was a helluva guy and I still have some of the Dragon Salt he gave me.

Heebzman medium
medium

I met him and had him sign my copy of Planet Barbecue! for me. He put on a live fire demonstration using his caveman T-Bone recipe, and gave a little history on BBQ. It was held a couple years ago down at the Milwaukee lakefront around Fathers Day. I remember we has a east wind coming in from over the lake and the temperature was only about 50 degrees in June...bitter cold for that time of year. SR mentioned the chilly-ness in the air a few times. It was awesome to meet my BBQ inspiration, and the man I most attribute getting me into BBQ at levels I never imagined, especially with 'How To Grill' !!!
:cheers:
0602011914.jpg
0602011914.jpg (226.94 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Two 18.5 WSM's...the Twins ! / Performer / Q200

Seattle-Q well done
well done

I met Steven at Januik Winery in Woodinville, WA around 6 years ago. The winery and Steven cooked up a bunch of his recipes from his BBQ Bible aniversary book and we all got to sample his cooking and of couse the wine too. I got my DVD of BBQ U signed. He was like wow that is a rare item and he was glad to sign it.

My domain expired years ago so no pictures at this time. I do have pictures of himself and me and him signing the BBQ U DVD and BBQ Bible.

Also I have to say he was so easy to talk with and approachable and was really really cool.

Return to General Discussion