Three things you may not know about Memorial Day.
--It originated after the Civil War as Decoration Day (decorating the tombs of fallen soldiers).
--It became an official Federal holiday only in 1971. (I would have thought much earlier)
--54% of Americans fire up their grills on Memorial Day. (I'd like to know what the other 46% are doing.)
For more info on Memorial Day, check out the latest blog: http://barbecuebible.com/2013/05/22/get ... orial-day/