Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Steven's suede grill gloves

Steven's suede grill gloves

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:36 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Over the weekend I watched a 2012 episode of America's Test Kitchen in which Adam Ried tested grilling gloves, and the extra-long suede gloves from Steven's "Best of Barbecue" line came out the winner. They're available from a number of online sources if anyone's in need of a pair.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:27 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So how well did Adam rank these gloves?
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:51 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Pretty favorably. He liked the length, flexibility, and heat resistance.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:13 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Pretty favorably. He liked the length, flexibility, and heat resistance.

I've compared Steven's gloves to the welding gloves I use (and I only buy 'em when they are on sale at $5 a pair). Steven's gloves have much longer gauntlets so that in itself is enough reason to get a pair. The basic welding gloves only reach 1/3 of the way up my wrists.

They're also just as flexible and heat-resistant as the welding gloves I use and that's really saying something. As an example of how heat-resistant they are here's an example: I use my gloves to pick up burning lump charcoal and briquettes and to grab hot grates right off the grill, and Steven's gloves will work just as well. Try that with a silicone glove and you may just burn it.

Keep in mind, though, that the times I picked up hot coals were emergencies. (Some guest's kid ran off with my dedicated fire tongs). Don't try this at home. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion