Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion I'm SO Stuffed... I Ate TWO

I'm SO Stuffed... I Ate TWO

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:54 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

We saw pictures of Juicy Lucy's online sometime a week or two ago and my wife couldn't get them out of her head. So she when and picked up some supplies from the store today.

When making the patties she wanted to know how big they were. I don't know! We had 5 pounds of meat, I used about half of it and made 5 burger. So they were about a half pound each. But with the thick cut cheddar cheese in the middle they looked like they were a pound each! :D

Now I am plenty old enough to know that a person my age should NOT eat this much! :roll: I've done it before and I know the consequences. I am hurting right now. :shock: But they were GOOD!

DSCN0958.jpg
DSCN0958.jpg (69.16 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

Here's a shot of burger #1. I did not wait long enough for it to cool and the cheese leaked every time I touched it. :lol:

DSCN0978.jpg
DSCN0978.jpg (75.08 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

And the 2nd one that I shouldn't have eaten. I had to find out what the cheese was like!

DSCN0990.jpg
DSCN0990.jpg (61.6 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

What a way to start the week. Y'all have a good one!

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

They look mighty tasty, Bob! I've found that wrapping a strip of bacon around the edge of the burger can help keep the cheese inside. You like bacon, right? :lol:

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:28 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Hey SC, your post from earlier this month was what got my wife hooked on having a Juicy Lucy. :wink: I asked her if she wanted bacon, but she wanted to try them straight up.

Only one of the five burgers leaked cheese and it wasn't a whole lot. As you can see, this one leaked all over the plate. And when I took my first bite, it gushed all out the back of the burger. Had a side of REAL Cheetos then! :lol: The reason it leaked is because I didn't wait long enough for it to cool down. I cooked the other four first (only room for four on the little Smoky Joe) and then mine last (I always eat from the last round of grilling so's my food is still warm when I get it). By the time it was finished the family was eating and I was hungry.

These burgers were extra juicy, it's plain to see where they got their name. I dashed a little Dragon Salt on the second one and left off the lettuce and pickles so the two burgers would taste a little different.

I've stuffed burgers with cheese, bacon, onions, and the like, but I've never called it a Juicy Lucy, so I had to give this a go.

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 pm
sroach well done
well done

Bob I would have eaten two of those too..

Return to General Discussion