Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Reheating riblets on the grill

Reheating riblets on the grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:08 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last night I salted some pork riblets to grill for dinner tonight, but then I realized I had a bunch of leftovers that I should probably eat. Mrs. Chicken and I are going to a baseball game on Sunday and I'm wondering if it'd work to smoke the riblets tonight and then grill them on Sunday. It certainly seems like they'd be OK but better to ask now than get disappointed on Sunday. Thanks!

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:45 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sure. Why not?

I actually did this a few months ago as it got too late to finish a smoking session of ribs (2 AM is past my bedtime normally). The next day I threw them on the grill over medium indirect heat to warm them up, then sauced them up and sizzled them over direct heat for afew minutes a side. The guests loved them and couldn't tell they had been reheated.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:06 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
Sure. Why not?

I actually did this a few months ago as it got too late to finish a smoking session of ribs (2 AM is past my bedtime normally). The next day I threw them on the grill over medium indirect heat to warm them up, then sauced them up and sizzled them over direct heat for afew minutes a side. The guests loved them and couldn't tell they had been reheated.

I agree. I vacuum pack and freeze a lot of leftover barbecue meat. I almost always reheat on the grill.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:27 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

They turned out pretty good. Friday night I grilled them indirect until the meat started pulling back from the bones, so I let them cool and put them in the fridge. Last night I lit a medium direct fire and started them meat side down, and after a few minutes I flipped them over, glazed them with some Head Country sauce, and left them alone until they were sizzling and the sauce was set. I still prefer them cooked start to finish in one shot but I'd do them this way again if I had to.

Return to General Discussion