Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Champions of Breakfast

Champions of Breakfast

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:20 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Is there anyone out besides me there crazy enough to fire up the grill at 6 a.m. to make breakfast? I love to grill in the early morning before everyone wakes up: it's mercifully quiet, the air is cool, and it's just me, cup of coffee in hand, enacting the ancient rite of building a fire. I'll show you mine (grilled breakfast recipes, that is); now you show me yours. Read all about breakfast on the grill here: http://barbecuebible.com/2013/10/07/barbecue-breakfast/#.UlYN7hY5slI

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:32 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

Hey, I finally got logged in to the board!

I saw the breakfast post on FB and it reminded me of a breakfast we grilled a few weeks ago when peaches were still in season. I agree there is something special about cooking on a fire early in the morning, whether you are camping somewhere in the woods or just hanging out on the back deck at home. This day it was Grilled French Toast, Sausage, and Peaches. Sausage patties on the grill smell good! All the food was from our CSA basket (Kentucky Proud) and the Maple Syrup is from Vermont. I have relatives there and we trade shipments of bourbon for syrup -- I'm not sure who gets the better deal, but everybody is happy...

Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Mighty fine looking breakfast there, BaasPro! I just luv pure maple syrup as well.

And Steven..., I am particularly teased by your Smoky Dutch Pancakes. Breakfast gourmet indeed.

There was a time when I was more familiar with the "breakfast of champions" than being a "champion of breakfast." But I used to be quite fond of smoking skinless breakfast sausage links. Anymore, I have issues with waking up on Jupiter (with the gravity effect). So sometimes, I do cook breakfast foods for dinner or whenever.

I have some bacon here I smoked with hickory. the ultimate plan was to construct a deluxe BLT in a huge burrito wrap. I stuffed it with everything-- kitchen sink style, if you will. The cherry tomatoes are a really neat way to go as well.
:cheers: :bbq:

Got beer???

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:12 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

Oh, man. That BLT wrap looks insane. Nice!
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:01 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

BaasPro wrote:
Oh, man. That BLT wrap looks insane. Nice!

Most kind... Thank you, BaasPro!

Thought I could or should share all I put into it. Besides the bacon, I added shredded grilled chicken, shredded Romaine, crema mexicana, sliced cherry tomatoes, black olives, alfalfa sprouts (hard to see... got buried by the guacomole), queso fresco, and crumbled chicharrones. Wound up taking me 4 extra grande sized tortillas to contain it all. So glad I took the pics as this proved to be a most repeatable recipe. :D

Got beer???

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:14 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Now I know I'm going to be disappointed when I visit the vending machine for breakfast in a few minutes! :lol:

I've grilled breakfast when on vacation but generally don't do it at home. I usually have things that I want to start right away so I generally just rustle up something from the fridge, although many times breakfast does turn out to be leftovers from something grilled the previous evening.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:12 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Now I know I'm going to be disappointed when I visit the vending machine for breakfast in a few minutes! :lol:

I've grilled breakfast when on vacation but generally don't do it at home. I usually have things that I want to start right away so I generally just rustle up something from the fridge, although many times breakfast does turn out to be leftovers from something grilled the previous evening.

Sigh... We pit-tenders should have more vacation times. How come it is so much easier to fire up when camping out? Maybe if I moved my bed outside to the backyard... . :lol:
Got beer???

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:09 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Haven't done a live fire breakfast since the last time, and that's been more than a few years ago, that I went camping.
I have come home from work at 2:00 A.M. on a Saturday morning and fired up to do hot dogs, brats, a burger, or maybe a pork chop to wind down from a long work week.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion