Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Raichlen to Phoenix. Where to eat?

Raichlen to Phoenix. Where to eat?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:59 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Hi, everyone,

Headed for Phoenix this weekend. Any fab places for grilling or smoking I shouldn't miss?

Thanks!

SR

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:11 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

I can't recommend any BBQ spots, but Pizzeria Bianco serves some of the best wood-fired pizza anywhere. Bianco also has his own line of tomatoes and you can bring a can or two home for some grilled pizzas. They are something special...
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:32 am
d_holck well done
well done

Chino Bandido... also not smoking/grilling but a funky place, Chinese+Mexican cuisine. They were profiled on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and I go there every time I'm in Phoenix for work. A great lunch spot.

http://chinobandido.com/

They have several locations.
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

It's kind of corny, but when I went to grad school out there, I used to LOVE the Pinnacle Peak steaks... Grilled outside over real Mesquite wood.... They had fakey gunfights, and a schtick where anyone who invited you tells you to wear a tie (which you discover they cut off an pin to the rafters.)

Since no man will order a 1lb. "Cowgirl" steak, you end up with the 32-oz. Porterhouse, but I would routinely finish them.

http://www.pppatio.com/
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:11 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Thanks for suggestions. I wound up having great smoked food at the new Pig & Pickles. Also, terrific modern Mexican at The Mission (w flatiron steak hot off their mesquite and pecan burning grill). And of course Pizza Bianca for wood oven pie.

Return to General Discussion