Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Tritip, Mashed Potatoes, and Gravy Comfort

Tritip, Mashed Potatoes, and Gravy Comfort

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:45 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Yesterday was my turn to brave the new Standard Time. Weather was also cool enough for some comfort food, so I fired up a tritip. I first gave it a coarse S&P dose, and a balsamic marinade bath. I included some good size mesquite lump chunks on the charcoal for that nice smoke:

Had to get it closer to well done because my brother was dining with me, which was pefectly acceptable anyway-- retained it's tenderness very well. After resting a few minutes, I incorporated the juices into the gravy and made for a couple happy bellies. :D

Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Comfort food at its finest - this would be perfect for the day we're having here! Someday I'm going to get my hands on a tri-tip...

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I was about to say "isn't that tri-tip a little bit too well done"? But no worries - it looks like it turned out perfect for the circumstances, beercuer. :cheers:

And for the record, I like tri-tip at almost any doneness except for "braised till it falls apart and "firebombed to a crisp". :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion