Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weekend cooking?

Weekend cooking?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:10 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7556
Location: Stoughton, WI
Anybody have anything going on this weekend? I took a sirloin tip roast out of the freezer yesterday and it's going on the rotisserie Sunday afternoon, although at this point I haven't decided on the seasoning profile. Going to salt the heck out of it when I get home today, though!

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:40 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 5898
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
Hard to say, as I've had a nasty cold all week and there's an inch of snow on the ground. But I'm sure I'll think of something. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:03 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2288
Location: Southern Californy
Brad-- If you have any leftovers, I'd like to make a Po' Boy of sorts with it. I hope to make a "Christine" burger. You know how I like to name some of my burgers. :cheers:
Got beer???

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7556
Location: Stoughton, WI
The leftovers will likely be used for lunches next week, and a beef po' boy certainly sounds good!

Christine? Is the burger going to take on a life of its own and go around killing all who've wronged it? :wink:

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:27 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 5376
Location: Damascus, Maryland
CharredGriller wrote:
Hard to say, as I've had a nasty cold all week and there's an inch of snow on the ground. But I'm sure I'll think of something. :D


Now you know there is no cussin' 'lowed 'round here.

I make a motion that "CG" be banned for at least 2 weeks for the use of the "S" word!!! :mrgreen:
(or at least until his cold passes :wink: )

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:05 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2288
Location: Southern Californy
ScreamingChicken wrote:
The leftovers will likely be used for lunches next week, and a beef po' boy certainly sounds good!

Christine? Is the burger going to take on a life of its own and go around killing all who've wronged it? :wink:


ImageImage Bwa ha ha ha!

Well Brad, I certainly hope not... I was thinking of our own Christine, whom I believe to luv a nice burger. (And to whom I am hoping to lure onto the forum again).

I was even thinking of doing some more pizzas for the block party, but besides you, who cares?
Got beer???

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:43 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2288
Location: Southern Californy
Brad-- I actually did get around to making those "Official Christine Burgers." But so much for the pics, as it doesn't appear that Christine is around. I can tell you that I was aiming at something of a "restauraunt" style, a deluxe version-- something more like one might find at a good diner or a sit-down restaurant.

It actually turned out to be something of an experiment... In both situations, I used 1/2 pound ground 80/20 chuck. In the first round, I went with one massive patty. Although pretty good, it wasn't quite as "drippy" as that to which I am accustomed to making. The second round, however, I opted for two thinner patties, and that yielded the drippiness I desired. Oh dear, them was juicy!!! Moreover, with all the toppings, it made for quite the tower.

I've also concluded that a smoked, indirect grilled paddy yields better results than a direct chargrilled experience! There is something about that particular quality that I, for myself, really favors, which is saying something, because you know what a char lover I am. :D
Got beer???

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:25 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 5898
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
YardBurner wrote:
CharredGriller wrote:
Hard to say, as I've had a nasty cold all week and there's an inch of snow on the ground. But I'm sure I'll think of something. :D


Now you know there is no cussin' 'lowed 'round here.

I make a motion that "CG" be banned for at least 2 weeks for the use of the "S" word!!! :mrgreen:
(or at least until his cold passes :wink: )

-YB


It's now 13 inches of the dreaded stuff, not 1. And my grill is buried so my diet now includes a lot of chicken soup. That's punishment enough! :D

On a more serious note. my thoughts and prayers go out to those people who've had a lot worse weather recently.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:55 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7556
Location: Stoughton, WI
BC, pictures or not you describe an outstanding burger! I guess you'll just have to make them again when the camera's handy! :wink:

I'm ready for snow. Our forecast has rain today and tomorrow with flurries Friday, but I'd prefer all snow.

I hope none of our members are in the areas hit hard in the past couple of weeks....

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:31 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2288
Location: Southern Californy
ScreamingChicken wrote:
BC, pictures or not you describe an outstanding burger! I guess you'll just have to make them again when the camera's handy! :wink:

I'm ready for snow. Our forecast has rain today and tomorrow with flurries Friday, but I'd prefer all snow.

I hope none of our members are in the areas hit hard in the past couple of weeks....

Well thank you, Brad. Actually, I did take the pics... I was just hesitant about posting them since she does not seem to be around.

Looks like I might even be in for some rain today. Rats, too, because I had a mind for some ribs with mac 'n cheese for dinner. Although the rain may not necessarily stop me, you know how much nicer it is to pitmaster in more enjoyable circumstances.
Got beer???


Return to General Discussion

cron