Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Barbecue = profound statement

Barbecue = profound statement

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Posts: 167
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Barbecue can mean a style of cooking, a way of eating, and even what's being eaten; the word is used as a noun, verb, and adjective.
To wit: I barbecue my barbecued barbecue at a barbecue.
- Kelly Alexander
Tom
CMJ-KCBS
CBJ-MBN,NCBS,NCPC,NCBBQA
Pitmaster-"4 Lil' Pigs" BBQ Team"
Author-"A 'Q' Review"

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:22 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7337
Location: Stoughton, WI
Truer words were never spoken! :lol:

Given how the definitions vary regionally, I wonder if there's anyplace in the country where all of them get used.

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:58 am

Posts: 19
Location: Pennsylvania
In my neck of the woods what most people call a sloppy joe we call barbecue.

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:52 am
jayeffel well done
well done

Posts: 334
Location: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
rumblefish97 wrote:
In my neck of the woods what most people call a sloppy joe we call barbecue.


What part of Pa? I usually only hear sloppy Joe called BBQ at carnivals etc. South Central PA. :bbq:
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:40 am

Posts: 19
Location: Pennsylvania
I'm from just outside Pottsville the home of Yuengling beer.

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:57 am
BaasPro medium
medium

Posts: 137
Location: Alvaton, KY

Another_Q_Lover wrote:
Barbecue can mean a style of cooking, a way of eating, and even what's being eaten; the word is used as a noun, verb, and adjective.
To wit: I barbecue my barbecued barbecue at a barbecue.
- Kelly Alexander

I think you could add "on a barbecue?"

"I barbecue my barbecued barbecue at a barbecue on a barbecue."

But that might be overdoing the nouns. :lol:
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:08 am

Posts: 167
Location: Hillsborough, NC
BaasPro wrote:
Another_Q_Lover wrote:
Barbecue can mean a style of cooking, a way of eating, and even what's being eaten; the word is used as a noun, verb, and adjective.
To wit: I barbecue my barbecued barbecue at a barbecue.
- Kelly Alexander

I think you could add "on a barbecue?"

"I barbecue my barbecued barbecue at a barbecue on a barbecue."

But that might be overdoing the nouns. :lol:


I LIKE it!!!
Of course, this wasn't "my" statement, but whomever Kelly Alexander is would probably have no problem with that addition!
Tom
CMJ-KCBS
CBJ-MBN,NCBS,NCPC,NCBBQA
Pitmaster-"4 Lil' Pigs" BBQ Team"
Author-"A 'Q' Review"


Return to General Discussion

cron