Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Bist-fake-a alla fiorentina

Bist-fake-a alla fiorentina

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:47 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I had a pork steak that needed to be eaten and I thought it would be interesting to prepare it as if it was a bistecca alla fiorentina. I started by using coarse salt and fresh pepper on the pork.
Image Image

The recipe calls for olive oil to be drizzled over the meat when it's done but I decided to do it a little bit different. I chopped some fresh rosemary and put it on a plate, added olive oil to cover, and let it steep while set up the grill.

I started the steak over indirect heat and then finished it with direct heat on each side. When it came off the grill I put it directly in the oil (and got a little sizzle), turned it a couple of times, and then spooned some over the top.

I thought the steak really turned out well. It had plenty of flavor from the pork and the oil and the rosemary wasn't at all overpowering, perhaps because I used young leaves. I'm definitely going to do this with beef sometime.

Post Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:09 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Wow, Brad - that turned out great! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion