Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weather-related downtime?

Weather-related downtime?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:03 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

We're getting some cold temperatures here for the next couple of days and if the air was calm they wouldn't be that bad, but wind is blowing pretty good and with it coming directly at the garage doors it tends to swirl when it gets inside. That's OK, Mrs. Chicken wants pasta tonight. :wink:

Anybody else experiencing a temporary hiatus?

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:40 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
We're getting some cold temperatures here for the next couple of days and if the air was calm they wouldn't be that bad, but wind is blowing pretty good and with it coming directly at the garage doors it tends to swirl when it gets inside. That's OK, Mrs. Chicken wants pasta tonight. :wink:

Anybody else experiencing a temporary hiatus?

Yes. Up here it starts in November and lasts till about mid-March..... :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:08 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

It's 5 degrees here and the wind chill is -13, but we don't have any precip. I just lit the charcoal for a stir-fry lunch. Before the weather came I moved the grill to the driveway where we have a good wind break, so it really doesn't feel that bad. And the stir-fry only takes three minutes, so...
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 am
sroach well done
well done

Perfect timing on this thread, cooked some big pork chops over the weekend, noticed the egg took a lot longer getting to temperature. That ceramic must have been coooooold... :mrgreen:

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:19 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It hit -16F last night but that's supposed to be the end of it...18F today and then highs above freezing forecast for at least the next 4 days.

I have a package of chicken thighs that will be grilled for Sunday noon dinner, and am thinking a sesame-garlic theme right now...

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:27 am
BubbaQue well done
well done

It got into the 20's here in Northwest Florida. I had to put on my thermal flip flops.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:23 am
sroach well done
well done

On the opposite side of this conversation..

Was sitting on the couch last night and my wife says "Its going to be warm the next couple days (50's) think you could fire up the grill"

Sure Can Honey, Sure Can..

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:33 pm
MN_BBQer medium
medium

Here in Minnesota, if it gets warm enough, I'll throw some steaks on to the grill, but I have to wait till March/April to bbq... NOT FUN..
Let's have a few and talk BBQ!
CG PRO SFB

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:13 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

MN_BBQer wrote:
Here in Minnesota, if it gets warm enough, I'll throw some steaks on to the grill, but I have to wait till March/April to bbq... NOT FUN..

That's about the same here. Unless I can figure out a way to superinsulate the CG Outlaw, it won't do much good to use it till April.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion