Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Simple Chicken Thighs

Simple Chicken Thighs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:36 am
Griffin well done
well done

Yesterday, I thought chicken thighs were in order. Thighs are my second favorite part of the bird behind wings. Unfortunately, you can't do much with wings except eat them like...well, like wings. But I wanted to cook once and eat twice. Or three times. Figured the big pack of thighs would get me a couple of leftover meals. I'm thinking grilled Ceaser Salad tonight and maybe chicken pizzas for Thursday.

I'm starting to run low on my BBQ spices. That allowed me to find this bag of spices that I won two years ago at the Plano Eggfest. It kind of got shoved in the back, but it was sealed up and it still tasted fresh when I opened it.

Tossed them on the Egg for a raised direct cook at 400F with orange wood for some smoke.

A few drinks later and they were almost done.

That should be enough for a few meals, right?

All plated up. Just a salad because I totally spaced and forgot about sides.

And a little home brew to go wash it down

So does anybody have a good, classic Ceasar dressing recipe that I can try tonight? I'm talking anchovies and the whole nine yards

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:46 am
sroach well done
well done

Is it nice to say nice looking Thighs you got there Griffin? Nothing better than thighs done on the grill.

I found this years ago and its all we use, so simple:

http://www.marthastewart.com/348930/caesar-salad-101

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:06 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those thighs look great...looks like they were pretty good size, too! How's the homebrewing going?

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:45 am
Griffin well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Those thighs look great...looks like they were pretty good size, too! How's the homebrewing going?

Thanks, they were pretty decent sized. Homebrewing sort of stopped for awhile, but its back in swing. Got a batch of dark ale in the primary fermentor that is going into secondary in the next few days. After that, I ordered a Bourbon Barrel Porter kit from Northern Brewery. Uses woodchips and bourbon (not included). Got high hopes for this one, but from what i read it has to bottle condition a long time. Probably won't sample it till Thanksgiving....if I can hold out.

Return to General Discussion