Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Andouille

Andouille

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:44 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

One of the things I picked up at Haen Meats awhile back was a package of andouille sausage and last Sunday I finally put it on the grill.
Image Image

Even though it was already cooked I kept it on the grill long enough to brown and split the casings. It smelled pretty good. :wink:

I don't know how authentic andouille from Appleton, Wisconsin is but this was some good sausage. It had lots of flavor and plenty of heat (which is why I grilled it when Mrs. Chicken wasn't around), and while it might not be 100% correct to serve it on hot dog buns with yellow mustard I thought it was just fine that way. However, after eating 3 of them for supper I paid for it the next day... :lol:

One of these days I'll pry open my wallet and have the real thing shipped up from Louisiana.

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 am
sroach well done
well done

SC,

That sandwich looks awesome, Andouille is some of the best stuff on the planet. It's amazing how different it tastes from place to place.

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:44 am
Trollby well done
well done

Looks good, if you like heat try the Andouille sausage from Johnson's Sausage Shop in Rio.

Very spicey, I have them make me up 10# of Venison Andouille every year, good stuff

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:56 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks, guys!

Trollby, Rio's a bit of a drive for me so I don't know when I'd get up there...maybe some nice Saturday this summer.

http://www.johnsonssausage.com/

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:47 am
Trollby well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Thanks, guys!

Trollby, Rio's a bit of a drive for me so I don't know when I'd get up there...maybe some nice Saturday this summer.

I like to go on a Cycle ride through country roads and stop by in the summer, just wrap up and Ice packs in my cycle bags keeps it cold, I grab frozen stuff mostly but some fridge hot sticks and stuff for a lunch before heading back on road

--- Edit ---

Just noticed on their site that Andouille is no longer regular stock item. Just an FYI

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:01 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Trollby wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:
Thanks, guys!

I like to go on a Cycle ride through country roads and stop by in the summer, just wrap up and Ice packs in my cycle bags keeps it cold, I grab frozen stuff mostly but some fridge hot sticks and stuff for a lunch before heading back on road

--- Edit ---

Just noticed on their site that Andouille is no longer regular stock item. Just an FYI

Trollby, that seems to happen a lot. I used to get andouille in a number of stores but it's getting rare enough that I save mine for gumbo and jambalaya only.

Even so, I gotta admit that they look great on the grill. Nice work, Brad! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion