Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Your weekend plans?

Your weekend plans?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:09 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It's Friday here so when work lets out for the day the weekend's officially begun - anybody have anything going on? Mrs. Chicken's scheduled to work both days so I'm on my own; recently I saw Nick Stellino prepare this recipe so I'm going to give it a try with some round steak. And if I get the time maybe I'll check out a new barbecue place that's been getting some good reviews, but I have to replace a bathroom exhaust fan first. :wink:

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:17 am
Seattle-Q well done
well done

Not BBQ but I am going to Sous Vide a pork tenderloin and two chicken quarters at 140 degrees for about 4 or 5 hours tomorrow.

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:59 pm
BBQ Deputy

Cool...I hope they turn out well!

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:50 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

spare ribs old settlers baked beans and chared sweet potatos sunday
TIMS BBQ

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:15 pm
Trollby well done
well done

Hy-Vee had Turkey breast $0.99 per pound so got a nice 8# breast and on the Char-Griller right now.

Using Hickory wood and Smoke Roasting at 335*F

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:39 pm
Trollby well done
well done

1.75 hours done, rotate bird and add some more wood.
Sitting at 132*F

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:58 pm
Trollby well done
well done

Well cooked alot faster than they said on the package at a lower temp

After 3 hours (2:50pm) the bird was at 172*F to pulled

After 15 min rest was at 179*F and ready to cut

Very Juicy and flavor was light smokey flavor, the gravy was great from the drippings

Plated up with mashed potatoes and smoky gravy, very yummy!

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:11 am
BBQ Deputy

Glad to see you didn't forget the potatoes and gravy! :thumbup:

Tim, how'd your ribs turn out?

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:29 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This weekend will be the first one up here this year that it's above freezing (high 50's predicted). It's been a very weird year for everyone when it comes to weather. Since I've also got Friday off I have some cleanup to do on the house, the yard and the grills and smokers.

But then I'll be firing up the gasser and cooking something in honor of our first Online Block Party of 2014. Not sure if it'll be pork chops, pork steaks or pork kebabs, but it will be good to get back to outdoor cooking again.

I didn't manage to lay down the concrete blocks for the patio where I intend to park the grills (because I'm old, cranky and sore) but hopefully this will finally get done in May. Lots of work to do in the spare time I have between the day job, the other PT job, and grill sessions. But at least I now have an iPhone and iPad so I can hopefully snag better pics, at least. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:12 am
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
I saw Nick Stellino prepare this recipe so I'm going to give it a try with some round steak.
Camera trouble limited me to only 3 semi-usable images but that's better than none!

The marinade has big flavor with the tomato and herbs; in fact, it reminded me of a pasta sauce. I have no doubt that it would've been better with a flank or skirt steak but it still did a good job on the round steak.

Return to General Discussion