Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Whole Trout

Grilled Whole Trout

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:48 am
sroach well done
well done

I had a friend catch and bring me two beautiful Rainbow Trout last week, I have been wanting to try whole grilled trout for a while, so this gave me the perfect opportunity to give it a try.

I found Steven's Grilled Whole trout recipe from the Primal Grill site, http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=21&EpisodeID=5

Started off with getting my stuffables ready to go, some sliced fresh Lemon and fresh Dill:

Next I sliced open the belly and stuff with lemon, Dill, salt and pepper:

Lastly I wrapped the fish with thinly sliced prosciutto and tied the fish closed with cooking twine:

Brushed the fish with olive oil and grilled with over a direct flame. The smell coming off the grill when the fish was cooking was unbelievable, grilled about 8 minutes per side and brought them in the house. Filleting the two fish was a lot easier than I thought, and the spin with bones pulled right out.

Severed them with the dill sauce from the recipe and some roasted curry Cauliflower:

What a great meal, Trout is such a delicate fish and such a nice flavor!

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Outstanding! I hope one of those trout was for your fisherman friend, especially if he cleaned them for you! :wink:

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:12 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I love that term "stuffables", sroach. Nicely done!

I've done these before, but not with the cool-looking cauliflower. :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:37 am
sroach well done
well done

Thanks guys, but I have to give a little credit to Steven for the recipe :D

I'm sure you guys are the same way, when you get a chance to grill something new its always a lot of fun.

Return to General Discussion