Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Easter Pics

Easter Pics

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:59 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

All Middle Eastern Fare for the In-Laws (Armenian) And the Grill got a workout. I went through a fair amount of Oak. Lule Kebab, Chicken and Plenty of Sides. Best food wise Easter in recent memory!

Chicken Marinated in Yogurt, Garlic sumac, Aleppo pepper and Lemons

Lule Kebab (50% Chuck 50% Lamb, alspice, cumin, onions, parsley and Pepper Paste)

A Trio of Purees (left to right - Humus, Mahamara and Baba Ganooj)

Everything on the Grill

The finished product in Lavash bread

Sides (Tabuleh Salad and Foul Medames AKA Fava Beans)
36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:04 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nicely done, Scorch! Those are some of the nicest kebabs I have seen in a while. Happy Easter! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:13 am
sroach well done
well done

Ahhh Scorch, I am jealous!!! what a great looking meal! the Lule Kebab looks fantastic! and the hummus and olives look relish!

by the way: Did you build your grill?

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:29 am
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

wow good looking pic.s good looking food i dident get invited
TIMS BBQ

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You and me both, Tim! :lol:

Fantastic job, SP! That's a great mix of colors and flavors, and it's good to hear from you again!

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:52 am
Trollby well done
well done

Looks very tasty!

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:12 pm
well done
well done

Howdy - been a workin' fool (more so than usual) lately so I've been somewhat quiet, but summer is coming and I plan to light a lot more fires. This is always a great place to get inspiration. Happy Eater (I mean Easter) to you folks.

Yes - I had my grill built to my specs. You can see the gory details at my wordpress blog link below - I captured the whole process there. Hope to spend more time checking out everyone's latest creations!
36" Argentine Grill
Weber Performer

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:50 pm

7 lb leg of lamb, bone in. Sliced slits in fat and stuffed with garlic. Rubbed with olive oil, pepper, salt, and rosemary. Smoke roasted for 1:20 on my father in laws gas grill until 126 over combo of hickory and pecan chips. Was delicious.

off the grill.jpg
Taking off the grill
off the grill.jpg (62.43 KiB) Viewed 719 times

sliced.jpg
half way through carving
sliced.jpg (41.83 KiB) Viewed 719 times

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:45 pm
Trollby well done
well done

7# is a big leg for Lamb.

Looks great, must of been higher temp to get that size meat to temp in 1 hour 20min

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Trollby wrote:

Looks great, must of been higher temp to get that size meat to temp in 1 hour 20min

Thanks!!! This was my first lamb, and my first post-cooking post. I was going to just smoke it, but after reading the all the recommendations I went for the indirect smoke roasted method. I was very surprised how quick it took. I was planning for at least two hours. Kept the grill at 350 with the two outside burners on, and the two inside burners off. The flame up of the foil packs filled with chips probably increased the heat here and there. If I didn't have an instant read thermometer I would have overcooked for sure.

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:34 pm
well done
well done

Nicely done, CWB. I'm a fan of quickly smoke roasting lamb over a higher heat rather than using a lower heat to smoke it. Darn good for your first lamb. Hope the experience brings you back for another one.
36" Argentine Grill
Weber Performer

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:41 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice pink color, CWB! Did the lamb have a stronger flavor because of the larger size?

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:10 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

cookingwithbeer wrote:
Trollby wrote:

Thanks!!! This was my first lamb, and my first post-cooking post. I was going to just smoke it, but after reading the all the recommendations I went for the indirect smoke roasted method. I was very surprised how quick it took. I was planning for at least two hours. Kept the grill at 350 with the two outside burners on, and the two inside burners off. The flame up of the foil packs filled with chips probably increased the heat here and there. If I didn't have an instant read thermometer I would have overcooked for sure.

CWB - for any attempt, that lamb looks great. But for a first attempt? I'd say you nailed it! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion