Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Garlic-parmesan cheeseburgers

Garlic-parmesan cheeseburgers

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:45 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about new ways to make burgers and came up with something I thought was worth a try. I started by roasting 2 heads of garlic and mixing them into a pound of hamburger along with a bunch of grated parmesan cheese (not from the green can).
Image Image

I formed the patties and let them rest in the fridge for a couple of hours before grilling them and topping them with American cheese slices.
Image Image

Because the parmesan was grated it was tough to tell if I lost any, but at least it left some flavor behind. The roasted garlic was pretty subtle and it also seemed to help keep the burgers moist.

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:36 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Love the idea! You put parm in meatballs, so why not? Did the American Cheese hit it off with the Parmesan? I might try this with a fontina or a sharp provolone. Thanks for the inspiration!
36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:58 am
sroach well done
well done

That was going to be my question, with the slice of american could you still taste the parm?

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:01 am
BubbaQue well done
well done

My Italian burgers are a 50/50 mix of ground chuck and bulk Italian sausage. Puree the roasted garlic and add to
the meat mixture with chopped green onions, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Dress the bun with a garlic Aoli and top burger with Asiago cheese. Now thatsa gooda burger.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:51 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks!

BQ, that sounds like a good burger all right! :thumbup:

I could (or at least I thought I could) still taste the parmesan since the American was pretty mild, but a stronger cheese would've definitely masked the flavor.

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:06 pm
sroach well done
well done

BubbaQue wrote:
My Italian burgers are a 50/50 mix of ground chuck and bulk Italian sausage. Puree the roasted garlic and add to
the meat mixture with chopped green onions, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Dress the bun with a garlic Aoli and top burger with Asiago cheese. Now thatsa gooda burger.

Wow, I need to try this burger..

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:48 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great looking burgers, Brad! I'd have thought the American cheese might have conflicted with the Parmesan, but it's good to hear it didn't.

Another option for the cheese on top could be.... more Parmesan! You can shave some types of Parmesan very thinly with a veggie peeler and it's great for topping stuff although it doesn't always melt too well. (Try a blowtorch for a few seconds - that worked for me.)
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion