Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion May's Online Block Party - Cinco De Mayo!

May's Online Block Party - Cinco De Mayo!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good to see you again, BC, and those drums are a great reintroduction! :D I'm also happy to hear that the sriracha maker and Irwindale have apparently mended their fences. :wink:

BBQ Deputy

OK, one last party cook for the month. This time I took a very American recipe and made some Mexican adjustments to the ingredients. I started with a sirloin tip roast.

It looks like a typical pit beef rub but I replaced the paprika with chipotle powder, used Mexican oregano, and made the sauce with lime juice instead of lemon. Not the most radical changes but since the recipe's pretty simple I worked with what I had.

The cooking method remained the same: direct heat to sear and indirect (if necessary) to finish.

Not super-rare but still plenty pink.

To be honest I really couldn't tell any difference outside of the crust having a bit more heat, but it was still a nice piece of beef.

scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

That looks really good. Is that a pit beef horseradish sauce you used with lime in it? How was that, sounds mighty good.
Argentine Grill
WSM, Pit Barrel Cooker
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

BBQ Deputy

Thanks! Yes, I used the basic sauce recipe and substituted lime juice for lemon. It was basically as I remembered the sauce should taste but nothing struck me as being noticeably different.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Wolf whistle!-- Well, you have served up a mighty delectable gourmet entrée here, Brad. I like the way you experiment with various herbs and spices. You've got enough recipes to make your own cookbook now! :cheers:
Got beer???

BBQ Deputy

Thanks, but some of them definitely wouldn't be considered successful! :lol:

Previous

Return to General Discussion