Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Nice RD Beef Ribs

Nice RD Beef Ribs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 20, 2014 1:19 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

These were some meaty boys. No sauce.. just rub.
Attachments
rib2.jpg
Nice smoke ring..
rib2.jpg (77.68 KiB) Viewed 967 times
rib1.jpg
English cut from Restaurant Depot
rib1.jpg (88.19 KiB) Viewed 967 times
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Tue May 20, 2014 8:49 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

nice beef ribs steak on a stick lol love thoes things very nice
TIMS BBQ

Post Wed May 21, 2014 11:16 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Steak on a stick...that's exactly what I was thinking! :lol:

Post Thu May 22, 2014 9:57 am
Trollby well done
well done

Looks great!

I never seem to find good meaty beef ribs unless I but a Prime Rib and de-bone myself

Post Fri May 23, 2014 7:25 am
sroach well done
well done

Philly they look amazing, I can't believe that second photo has no sauce..

well done!

Post Fri May 23, 2014 2:40 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Those are some mighty fine looking ribs! I'm with Sroach, it is hard to believe there is no sauce.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Fri May 23, 2014 4:00 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

jstewart wrote:
Those are some mighty fine looking ribs! I'm with Sroach, it is hard to believe there is no sauce.

I'm pretty sure it was the turbinado sugar in the rub that caramelized into that nice glaze...
- Phillyjazz -

Post Tue May 27, 2014 12:27 am
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Gorgeous ribs. Nice cook.
Argentine Grill
WSM, Pit Barrel Cooker
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Philly - Steven just posted an article on beef ribs:
http://barbecuebible.com/2014/05/23/big-bad-beef-ribs/#.U4TvKernZaQ

Yours look just as good. Are they just side ribs, or plate short ribs as Steven described?
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue May 27, 2014 11:43 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

After a long day of flying, I could use some of those ribs. Nice work--you've done us proud!

Post Wed May 28, 2014 7:51 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a very handy article! I'm guessing I've probably never seen the plate short ribs before and after reading the description I'd like to get ahold of some!!

Post Thu May 29, 2014 1:52 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
That's a very handy article! I'm guessing I've probably never seen the plate short ribs before and after reading the description I'd like to get ahold of some!!

I've tried them before and they're really excellent. But I had to go to the butcher shop to get them (pricey!) because the supermarket guys weren't willing to leave that much meat on the bone. I get that a lot from them. :evil:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat May 31, 2014 5:41 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

I had always seen these described as "English cut." The bones are not as long as back ribs, but neither are they as short as one typically sees "short ribs." The meat configuration is more similar to a short rib though... RD does not really label them specifically. I guess if plate ribs can be eight inches long, it would describe these. They look like the ones pictured in SR's article.

Actually, doing the math, of a full rib is 17 inches, and the back ribs are about 10, that would make plate ribs appear to work out.. Usually when I see "short rib" around here, they are cross cut (Korean or Flanken) depending on your persuasion...
- Phillyjazz -

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:48 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

phillyjazz wrote:
I had always seen these described as "English cut." The bones are not as long as back ribs, but neither are they as short as one typically sees "short ribs." The meat configuration is more similar to a short rib though... RD does not really label them specifically. I guess if plate ribs can be eight inches long, it would describe these. They look like the ones pictured in SR's article.

Actually, doing the math, of a full rib is 17 inches, and the back ribs are about 10, that would make plate ribs appear to work out.. Usually when I see "short rib" around here, they are cross cut (Korean or Flanken) depending on your persuasion...

17 inches? Now that's a rib I'd like to try to cook sometime - imagine pulling one of those out of your lunchbox at work! :twisted:

Return to General Discussion