Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Chicken thighs 2 ways

Chicken thighs 2 ways

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 21, 2014 11:26 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sometimes I like simple chicken glazed like I made it years ago, except now I don't cook it over direct heat and burn the sauce. :lol:

Seasoned with just salt, pepper, and thyme.

A few years ago someone gave me this glaze so I figured it was about time to use it.

Indirect heat until the meat was done and the skin was nice and crisp, and then the glaze went on both sides.

I was worried that the glaze was going to be too sweet but it was actually pretty good.

I hadn't smoked any chicken for awhile so I got creative with the next batch of thighs, which were seasoned with just salt, pepper, and some butter under the skin. I also let them air-dry in the fridge for about a day.

Next I put a pound of sliced mushrooms in the drip pan and added chicken stock, broth, milk, and some butter.
Image Image

I set up the Weber for indirect grilling and put a nice piece of hickory on each mound of coals.

After the chicken was done I emptied the pan into a pot and reduced it a bit, and then added some cornstarch for the final thickening. When it was ready I stirred in some leftover spaghetti and added the thighs.
Image Image

Everything had a nice hickory flavor and it was a good change of pace for both the chicken and the spaghetti.

Post Wed May 21, 2014 6:29 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

If I can just slip in here undetected, them there thighs are superbly cooked, Brad, both versions, just the way I would like them! Especialy admire the char on the skin. Way to go, brother! Wanted to say "Boo!' to ya!
Got beer???

Post Wed May 21, 2014 9:17 pm
sroach well done
well done

Brad,

I'l take an order of the first one!! very good looking meal.

Post Thu May 22, 2014 8:51 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks, guys!!

Post Thu May 22, 2014 9:55 am
Trollby well done
well done

Yum-Yum!

Planning on doing chicken thighs this weekend, on the smoker, might have to steal the mushroom one

Post Tue May 27, 2014 3:08 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's 2 really great ways to cook thighs, Brad!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion