Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion What is everyone cooking this weekend?

What is everyone cooking this weekend?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat May 24, 2014 5:46 pm
jstewart well done
well done

I have two pork butts weighing in at about 18.5 lbs, a whole brisket at 12.5 lbs, and a couple racks of baby back ribs sitting in the fridge right now. Plan is to put the butts and brisket on about 10:00 or so tonight and the ribs will go on sometime late morning tomorrow. We have some friends coming over to eat with us tomorrow evening. I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day Weekend!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Old Smoker well done
well done

Got a couple of chickens and 2 racks of back rib. I'm going to split the chickens in half
22.5 WSM - Chargriller - Traeger Texas
I cook to eat not to compete

Post Sat May 24, 2014 10:19 pm
Askanison medium
medium

Just the smoked turkey.
No plans beyond that.
Might do burger and dogs for tradition sakes but eh, who knows.
Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 18.5" Kettle

d_holck well done
well done

I've got a mess of ribs going on this afternoon....
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

jstewart well done
well done

Put the butts and brisket on about 10:00 last night. Temps held pretty steady through the night and I'm getting 5 1/2 to 6 hours per basket of charcoal. Brisket temp is 172 and the butts are at 174. Both have been through the plateau as they hung at about 165-167 for about 4 hours or so. Just put on two racks of baby backs and will put some apple in for smoke in a little bit.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

BubbaQue well done
well done

Blue cheese burgers tonight and five racks of baby backs with mexican grilled corn tomorrow.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

jstewart well done
well done

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Yesterday, I pulled the first butt off the CG at 15.5 hours, double wrapped in foiled and a towel and put in the ice chest. At 17 hours, the probe slipped in and out rather easily in the brisket so I pulled and added a towel around the foil and put in the ice chest. The second butt came off at 18 hours and the two racks of baby backs came off at about 5:30 after about 6.5 hours. Sorry about the absence of pictures, we had guests over and I was focused on getting the food on the table.

I pulled one of the butts and added some home-made sauce. There was a good thick bark and a nice smoke ring. The ribs turned out nicely with a good smoke ring. The brisket was one of the juiciest and most tender that I've ever fixed. This time around, I decided to foil the brisket (never have before) after reading the e-mail from TexasBBQRub. After about 8 hours, I pulled the brisket, put it in foil and added about 1/2 can of Dr Pepper. I pulled it at about 200 degrees when the probe slid in and out easily. I allowed the brisket to rest for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours and it was absolutely wonderful. Guess I'll be doing the same thing more often :D :D

Had plenty of leftovers, so I broke out the Foodsaver and put quite a bit of the pulled pork, one rack of ribs, and some of the brisket in the freezer so we'll have plenty to enjoy in the future.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

BubbaQue wrote:
Blue cheese burgers tonight and five racks of baby backs with mexican grilled corn tomorrow.
Great minds think alike...I made blue cheese burgers Sunday night as well! :lol:

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

And here they are!

Too much cheese and not enough burger? No problem!

The combination of blue and jack cheeses not only had great flavor but melted much better than straight blue cheese would've.

I even managed to squeeze in some wings over the weekend. I brined/marinated them with the ingredients shown and then cooked them over low direct heat, but unfortunately they weren't as spicy as I would've liked.

Return to General Discussion