Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Thinking of a weber q series grill

Thinking of a weber q series grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 6:35 pm

First post here though frequented often. I am looking to get a gas grill and needed something portable. I've been considering a weber q series as it seems to fold up quite well. A local store has a q200 which has the cast grates and no temp gauge for $199. I think that model is discontinued though. I then seen a q2200 but just in the box which hasthe temp gauge but porceline grates. It is like $279 with the stand. The prices on these grills are quite high, are they worth it and how long do they last on a small portable like tank? I have read the grills have a problem with the fuel tubes getting clogged. Thanks

Post Wed May 28, 2014 7:49 pm
Old Smoker well done
well done

If they are made as well as all the other Weber grills are I'd say yes as to how long a bottle of gas will last I guess that would depend on how much you use it not to mention I'm pretty sure you can get an adapter that allows you to use a bigger bottle if needed.
22.5 WSM - Chargriller - Traeger Texas
I cook to eat not to compete

Post Thu May 29, 2014 12:44 pm
Trollby well done
well done

The quality of the Q series is nice and I have used one tail-gating before. Seem to be pricey if that is what it is for just a tailgate/ once in a while grill

My Brother-in-law has the Weber "Go Anywhere" series, that one is pretty good too, but has un-even heat issues

You did mean the Q1200 right since I only seen the Q1000 and Q1200 not a Q200 unit (the Q1200 is the one with side trays)

--- Edit ---

I believe you mean the Q2000 since the Q1200 and Q2200 has thermometer built in

There are 5 units in the Q series:

1000 - 189 sq. in
1200 - 189 sq. in
2000 - 280 sq. in
2200 - 280 sq. in
3200 - 468 sq. in.

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:23 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Mustang!

I was talking with a friend last weekend and he's really happy with his Q grill. I didn't ask him which one he has, though.

Return to General Discussion