Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion How do you sauce up your wings?

How do you sauce up your wings?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:33 pm
Seattle-Q well done
well done

I always sauce mine up spicy but have a few friends who like garlic parmesan and or honey mustard. I am looking to try out a few different flavors or styles so my guests have a choice.

So anyone want to toss out a few sauces recipes or styles that you really enjoy?

My spicy is just Franks, butter and a dash of worcestershire so I am welcome to ideas on how to kick that up too!

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:54 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

MY GIRLFRIEND AND I ARE ALL I COOK FOR I LIKE MINE IN HOT SAUCE BUT THAT GARLIC PARM. RECIPE SOUNDED GOOD I WOULDENT MIND TRYING THAT ONE
TIMS BBQ

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:02 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Generally I do a basic BBQ sauce or a buffalo wing style sauce, but I've fiddled with dozens more. I like a basic honey-garlic-ginger sauce if I'm going for sweet, or a sweet chili sauce for sweet and hot. Both go really well with smoke.

One thing I've tried with great results is to go sauce-free, and just use a bit of oil and a good rub. This is something I've played around with a lot - I just use whatever good rub I have handy and add a bit of mustard powder and/or pepper (optional). This turns the wings really crispy and it's another way to cook great wings. Often I'll serve dipping sauces on the side with these as well.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 am
sroach well done
well done

Char,

I'm with you, I like a dry rub on them and then you can hit them some hot sauce.

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:57 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Along with grilling them dry I like to brine them with beer or wine for extra flavor.

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:08 pm
Trollby well done
well done

I normally do 2 or 3 sauces when I do my wings since I like spicy, wife likes sweet and son likes spicy BBQ not spicy.

I like to use Sambal or a Asian Garlic/Chili sauce. Many are spicy but not overly hot. Also you can use sriracha. I like to use Saki and sometimes soy with then to thin it.

I found marinating wings over night in Chili-Sriracha sauce blend adds a nice heat that is not over powering if you don't add more after cooking.

Another good blend I did was Italian dressing marinade then Garlic Parmesan lightly after cooked

Return to General Discussion