Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion An ordinary weekend

An ordinary weekend

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:54 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

No holidays, graduations are pretty much over by now...looks like a regular 2-day weekend! Anybody doing any cooking? Mrs. Chicken's work schedule is such that she won't be home for lunch or dinner until next Wednesday so it looks like I'll be unsupervised in the grocery store and the kitchen... :wink:

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:37 pm
jstewart well done
well done

My wife and I went to a lavender festival today, so nothing on the pit today. Tomorrow will be a tri-tip with veggies and a salad....
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:08 pm
BBQ Deputy

I'm not much for salad but a steak and some grilled vegetables is always a nice meal.

As lavender is often used in Herbes de Provence I hope you picked up some! :wink:

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:57 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

I grabbed what I thought was a bag of frozen chicken quarters at Sams only to come home and realize that what I really bought was boneless/skinless, chicken-thigh portions. Hrrrmmmmm...what to do, what to do......I had a bottle of Teriyaki marinade in the pantry and ended up marinating the chicken, slicing it in strips and threading onto skewers for some teriyaki chicken satays. I indirect grilled them by the coals and used pecan for smoke. Not too shabby and kind-of a nice change of pace. Next time I'll try to snap a pic or two. :bbq:
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:00 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

I grilled some Lobster (June block party) but next weekend is going to be a hum-dinger. My wife's good friend Conchita from southern Spain is coming just to show me how to make Paella. I bought a giant Paella pan and we are supposed to do it over open coals - so naturally I'm in! My big grill should be perfect for it. We have a pretty big crowd coming to witness the event so you can be sure there will be pictures a plenty.
Argentine Grill
WSM, Pit Barrel Cooker
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:49 am
BBQ Deputy

Nice "mistake", Toby...when it comes to BS chicken I'll take thighs any day!

Good luck, Scorch! With the guidance of an expert I'm sure you're going to turn out some great paella!

Return to General Discussion